Confirmed with Link: Habs acquire 2024 5th round pick + Tony Sund for retained salary of Bonino

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He's 1G 8A 9P in the NCAA.

He's a Senior.

And those are career numbers.

So no he wasn't Lidstrom at any point.
I know he wasn't, but I just remember Timmins speaking very highly of him claiming we got a steal. Of course it's his job to say that, but still funny.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I always thought the Monahan deal was going to be the strangest one ive ever seen , but THIS lmao
I wish i could of heard the conversations

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Kudos to Henrikson for at least coming over to play in North America as a Euro prospect.

Poor guy ended up 47th out of 47 players in our 2022 HF Habs Prospect Final Rankings

His draft thread Prospect Info: - Arvid Henrikson - 187th overall

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Wasn't Arvid Henriksson the next Lidstrom according to Timmins? I'm sure he didn't mean that and he was actually forced to pick him, Timmins was going to draft a superstar but MB said no. The unluckiest person on the planet!
Yes…Henrik Lidstrom

749A6242-927F-4F08-BE93-D5BD720C5C59.jpeg

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
I don't know much about the Rockets situation atm, but could this mean HuGo wanted to clear one roster spot without having to bench a player, and the Sharks told them he would have a spot if the Habs sent him?

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
So I guess they scouted a lot of Tony Sund since he plays with Engstrom. Either he became friend with the scout and they think he's got character or they actually think he has NA pro potential.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
So I guess they scouted a lot of Tony Sund since he plays with Engstrom. Either he became friend with the scout and they think he's got character or they actually think he has NA pro potential.
They might be partners irl and would ease the transition to NA if they bring them over together. It all makes sense.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It was Rockstrom that pounded the table and said they need to trade for a 7th round pick so they could pick him. I highly doubt Rockstrom or anyone not related to Henriksson would call him the next Lidstrom.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Wasn't Arvid Henriksson the next Lidstrom according to Timmins? I'm sure he didn't mean that and he was actually forced to pick him, Timmins was going to draft a superstar but MB said no. The unluckiest person on the planet!

We drafted so many future Lidstrom, it gets confusing !

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
If he's Engstrom's D-pair partner, I guess the Org has a ton of video with Sund in it to evaluate. Right?

Still, we are turning something that's definitely nothing into something that has the potential to be, possibly, better than nothing, with a late pick and a warm body who might be able to make the Rocket lineup. If it's still nothing, then we've lost nothing. I guess that's something.

Not all our unused cap space can turn into Monahan and a 1st.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
So 200 thousand dollars or so pro-rated was worth significantly more than Jonathan Drouin.

• Haha
Reactions: LaP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad