Habs 4th line Left Wing.Who would you want.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I think Prust is the long term solution there along with Bournival.

I think if Sekac keeps playing well and stays on that line, a more skilled LW will be called up(Andrighetto or ??) or traded for down the road. Prust is playing well there right now,but I don't see him as a long term 3rd liner.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Oh yeah he's really bringing that 3rd line down right now...

He's nowhere near a permanent solution for that line. It might be working now, but he has zero offensive ability and we will see him bring them down soon enough.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Tangradi on the 3rd line is something I'd be down with though. I remember while watching P.K in Belleville how much of a machine Tangradi was. Tangradi - Eller - Sekac has size galore for a 3rd line.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Tangradi on the 3rd line is something I'd be down with though. I remember while watching P.K in Belleville how much of a machine Tangradi was. Tangradi - Eller - Sekac has size galore for a 3rd line.

Tangradi's played 139 NHL games. Maybe we should be evaluating him based on those and not on how good he looked in Juniors?

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
Would you guys be opposed to getting Nino Niedderider (Sp?) from the Wild ? Tinordi for Nino straight up ? Nino can play 3rd line while prust downshifts to the 4th.

If he can handle his injuries better nino's exactly the type of player we need,

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Im thinking Luke Gazdic. Gazdic is no GOON, could play hockey while beeing able to drop them against any HeavyWeights in the league. Take the load from Prust, while Gazdic plays anywhere from 8 to 10 minutes a game. I know Coach T likes to roll 4 lines.
Gazdic Malhotra Weise line would look really nice. No more Habs beeing soft.:yo:

With Bournival injured, Moen gone, Bourque in Hamilton, and Eric Tangradi coming back from injury, probably for the St.John's games. He might be ready for some NHL action soon, a 4th line of Tangradi(LW) - Malhotra(C) - Weise(RW) could provide the opposition with some real headaches, and some offence from the 4th line. Complementing the Eller line which has been scoring regularly for a 3rd line, all the Habs needed was Plekanec - Galchenyuk -Gallagher scoring as they did last night. With Pacioretty - DD - PAP playing well, the defence getting really solid efforts, and the goaltending being great. Every little thing should be fine, when they add Gonchar to spike the PP, scoring will be coming through on all cylinders, including the defence.:nod: Whoops did I let the cat outta the bag, so to speak?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Prust has 33 points in 123 games since joining the Habs. That's a 22 point pace which is probably low end 3rd liner, high end 4th liner.

The last 2 games Prust has looked more like he did in his first season with us where he got tons of praise. He'll never put up lots of points, but so long as he helps create space for Eller/Sekac then he can be a good complement to the third line. Eller has shown in the past he can produce with one offensive player and one grinder so it's not out of the question the line as a whole can be effective with Prust.

HShahzad

Jan 23, 2014
Nathan Beaulieu on the LW beside Lars Eller and Jiri Sekac? Seems legit. LOOOL. I would give it a try during practice. He may turn out to be BigBuff we saw yesterday.

Max Pacioretty - Alex Galchenyuk - PK Subban

I'm in for that ^

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Parenteau
Desharnais-Plekanec-Gallagher
Andrighetto-Eller-Sekac
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Parenteau
Desharnais-Plekanec-Gallagher
Andrighetto-Eller-Sekac
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

Who would look the biggest out there on that Plecky line...:laugh:
You trying to highlight our size deficiencies?:sarcasm:

Those other two lines are NHL caliber.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Bournival will replace Prust on the 3rd line when he comes back, that's pretty much it. We can do with a plugger on the 4th until then.

Apr 28, 2010
Bowman is fine. We can call up DLR too so Prusty can go back to 4th line.

I'd also try Tangradi.

Seriously, no need to make another trade.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Bournival will replace Prust on the 3rd line when he comes back, that's pretty much it. We can do with a plugger on the 4th until then.

Based on the way guys are producing right now, this is what I would do when Bourni comes back:

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Parenteau
Pacioretty-Eller-Sekac
Bournival-Desharnais-Gallagher
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Based on the way guys are producing right now, this is what I would do when Bourni comes back:

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Parenteau
Pacioretty-Eller-Sekac
Bournival-Desharnais-Gallagher
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

I'd certainly like to see this lineup ! Unfortunately, I don't think splitting Pacioretty from his little brother is an option for Therrien, he'd rather break up Eller's line to accommodate DD.

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
Prust is a 4th liner being used on the 3rd. He won't be able to follow Sekac and Eller. What we need is not a 4th. It's a 3rd liner. But to play the game.....I'd probably ask for Jared Boll till the day he retires....

if Prust is a 4th liner then why against Winnipeg he was the forward with the most ice-time?

HabsChik*

Would you guys be opposed to getting Nino Niedderider (Sp?) from the Wild ? Tinordi for Nino straight up ? Nino can play 3rd line while prust downshifts to the 4th.

If he can handle his injuries better nino's exactly the type of player we need,

What a clueless proposal. I just don't get you people anymore.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
if Prust is a 4th liner then why against Winnipeg he was the forward with the most ice-time?

So since he was the forward with the most icetime, it makes him a 1st liner? On any giving day, everybody could be at a spot they don't belong to. See Weise. But in the end, I don't see Prust being able to follow the kids on a longer period of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad