Habs 4 - Sens 1 Splitted tooth Chucky edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Some sens fan managed to find a "moral victory" from last nights game. :sarcasm:

Moral victory for me, even though Karlsson's a -2, he played a good game again, cut some nice plays, made some good plays. AGAIN was better than Subban, Subban is good and can do his useless spin-o-ramas all he wants, Karlsson is just a better hockey player, the only place Subban has the edge is on defense and it's a small one. But hey! They can keep the inferiority complex when it comes to the 2, I love it. Outplays him all the time too bad we don't have good teams to support him and let him show us in the playoffs how good he is.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Some sens fan managed to find a "moral victory" from last nights game. :sarcasm:

Subban is only slightly better defensively yet Karlsson has exactly 1 point more than Subban, despite much more ice time and free-range to do whatever he wants. So that makes them what? Equal offensively?! :laugh:

The golden boy must not be 100% yet...

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Subban is only slightly better defensively yet Karlsson has exactly 1 point more than Subban, despite much more ice time and free-range to do whatever he wants. So that makes them what? Equal offensively?! :laugh:

The golden boy must not be 100% yet...

...all that is Subban living rent-free in Sens fans head...makes Baby Jebus smile, it does...:laugh:

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
It must feel rough for the Sens that we don't only have a far superior team but Subban is also a better dman then the goldon boy Karlsson, I guess he isn't at 100% yet but still :sarcasm:

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
It must feel rough for the Sens that we don't only have a far superior team but Subban is also a better dman then the goldon boy Karlsson, I guess he isn't at 100% yet but still :sarcasm:

This argument is highly debatable i'd say they are even in value but if you're looking for a better offensive output you have to go with Karlsson, Subban has a little more shabang in the other departments.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
But hey! They can keep the inferiority complex when it comes to the 2, I love it. Outplays him all the time too bad we don't have good teams to support him and let him show us in the playoffs how good he is.

Why won't they let Karlsson show us how great he is? We want to collectively bask in his aura :cry: I mean, I love it. I love it...

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
This argument is highly debatable i'd say they are even in value but if you're looking for a better offensive output you have to go with Karlsson, Subban has a little more shabang in the other departments.

A metric ton more "shabang" in other departments.

I'm not sure Karlsson is a top 10 defenseman anymore. Sure, he's great offensively, but being this bad, this consistently in his own zone? Subban has developed into our most reliable defenseman in pretty much all areas. The day Karlsson manages that, the debate may warrant to be reopened. Until then, there's not a single doubt in my mind that Subban brings a lot more overall to a team than Karlsson.

Karlsson's best comparable is Letang, but even Letang is far more well-rounded at this point.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012

Subban is way better at defending and pretty close in terms of offensive ability even though he has a shorter leash to do what he wants offensively. Subban>Karlsson IMO.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
I dunno, when he was playing with Prust and Sekac they were pretty good at maintaining possession in the offensive zone. :dunno:

Cycling along the boards endlessly doesn't require much vision. Prust does it well. Moen did it well. Eller does it well. I like Eller. He brings interesting tools to the table, but good vision isn't one of them.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I believe the Habs are a better team with Nathan Beaulieu and his skating on the blue line! Keep him in the lineup

bigtimehockeyfan999*

Subban is better defensively. Subban is better offensively. Subban is a better player.

Sens fans are a jealous mob towards habs fans right now and I have no idea why because we don't give 2 ***** about them.:laugh:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Galchenyuk played his best game of the season yesterday. People said he was dominant in his hat trick night, I say he was at least twice as good yesterday. Dominant it a word you can use.

Eller came back from injury and looked sub-par doing so. I'll be patient and let him a couple of games.

And I'm still waiting for those Pacioretty bashers to step up and say how he is a soft floater. Guy comes back from an injury after going to the hospital, posts 2 assists, is #1 in forwards for hits in the team, and playing great. A lot of Galchenyuk's success coms from Patches adjusting his game to fit his better. It's unbelievable how this guy is underrated. By far the best pick on the team to be captain.

I'm torn between Pacioretty and Subban, personally. Both have stepped up this season, so that it's a dead heat. We've also got Tinordi on the way as a darkhorse and hell, even Galchenyuk could emerge as a leader this year.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I'm torn between Pacioretty and Subban, personally. Both have stepped up this season, so that it's a dead heat. We've also got Tinordi on the way as a darkhorse and hell, even Galchenyuk could emerge as a leader this year.

We've had co-captains before (Carbonneau and Keane). It might be the best solution. I like that in the current situation there isn't one guy above everybody else and people get along as equals in the room.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It kinda feels like they're going to name Pacioretty captain any day now, but I still wish it would be Subban.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It kinda feels like they're going to name Pacioretty captain any day now, but I still wish it would be Subban.

They are both young stars and have matured before our eyes. Two things- Pacioretty seems to be more of a natural leader at this juncture and I think Subban may be a lightning rod with some refs.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I think Patches will be named the captain.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
A metric ton more "shabang" in other departments.

I'm not sure Karlsson is a top 10 defenseman anymore. Sure, he's great offensively, but being this bad, this consistently in his own zone? Subban has developed into our most reliable defenseman in pretty much all areas. The day Karlsson manages that, the debate may warrant to be reopened. Until then, there's not a single doubt in my mind that Subban brings a lot more overall to a team than Karlsson.

Karlsson's best comparable is Letang, but even Letang is far more well-rounded at this point.

I prefer Subban to Karlsson and think there is more upside in him. But this is not by "far".

void

Jan 5, 2006
It's going to be Pacioretty and I'm not too happy about it, TBH. I find he pouts too much when things aren't going his way.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
They are both young stars and have matured before our eyes. Two things- Pacioretty seems to be more of a natural leader at this juncture and I think Subban may be a lightning rod with some refs.

It's true. I also kind of think that was the feeling behind making them both alternatives to switch in that they were the 2 candidates for captain. Whoever stepped up and earned it the most would be captain with Markov and Plekanec as A's for the season.

If I had to guess, they'll name Pacioretty some time between now and the All-Star break.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's going to be Pacioretty and I'm not too happy about it, TBH. I find he pouts too much when things aren't going his way.

I think that's just a perception.
Just like people were saying that Max didn't want to play with any other center. That never made sense to me and he seems pretty happy to be playing with Galchenyuk.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think that's just a perception.
Just like people were saying that Max didn't want to play with any other center. That never made sense to me and he seems pretty happy to be playing with Galchenyuk.

He seems like a guy that wants to win more than anything. Also seems pretty calm for the most part, and he's only perceived as a whiner because of the big hoopla about being bitten by Grabovski and it became a thing around here from other fans. Yeah, he got bit and he flipped out. Big deal.

I am very interested to see how he does in the playoffs with a better centre because he hasn't been great thus far. But, Desharnais has been horrendous which doesn't help. They both kind of just sucked together, but I feel with Galchenyuk's drive and skill level they could take over a series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad