Salary Cap: Habs 2020-2021 - Offseason (Cap - RFA/UFA) Thread

How many from that list will be back and playing next year ?

• Total voters

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

With Alzner still on the books for another 3 years, I don't see Habs buying anyone else out.

How dare you change your avatar!

dac10c96834d99643c7d1f8718fff35d.jpg

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

shao01

Aug 25, 2008
Montreal
We are paying 12M combined for Gally and Anderson per yearm until 2027. Thats about 100 M total !

If we can even unload one of these contracts somehow it could prove to be helpful with our cap issues and help us towards another cup run.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I'm pretty sure we'll resign Danault and Perry (maybe Armia too, but I'm far less confident), and will go after both Brandon Saad and Anthony DeAngelo in Free Agency. I wish they would go after Ovechkin, but yeah... fat chance.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm pretty sure we'll resign Danault and Perry (maybe Armia too, but I'm far less confident), and will go after both Brandon Saad and Anthony DeAngelo in Free Agency. I wish they would go after Ovechkin, but yeah... fat chance.

Sounds like a logical scenario.

I also see Danault and Perry extended.

I get the same sense with Armia as you. He may be back, he may have to be "sacrificed" because of cap reasons.

I hope for Brandon Saad. One of my UFA targets for sure.

With the rumor that Habs were interested in DeAngelo at the TDL, I can see them go for him this off-season once he's bought out. But curious if he wants to come to a market like Montreal's, where there is more scrutiny here than for the Rangers (who have other big sports to compete with).

I'm perplexed by DeAngelo. On the one hand, I want the hockey player. But the person and his baggage, maybe it'll work with the leadership and veterans in Montreal. But I'm not 100% sold on his personality.

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The one thing everyone should keep in mind...........changes are needed. The Cap is a challenge, but just take a look at how TB managed the cap.....We are a top tier $$$ team, and the Cap, should NOT stand in our way....
MB's mistakes with the cap and contracts are many, and we have seen the guy get emotionally attached to players, namely Gally, and probably 5Mil Phil.........business is business...would like to see decisions made accordingly.
Sit back and enjoy the next two weeks boys, it's coming down real soon.
Let's hope the D gets upgraded, and there will be no Alzner type of mistakes made...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With 17 players unsigned, I am guessing we should start to hear some news after the expansion draft crap is finally over with. Wonder what the plan is for Armia, since they protected him I assume they plan on bringing him back but wonder what that contract would look like.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I wonder if Khisamutdinov's contract is going to be terminated. Based on Laval's roster, he's probably going to be buried deep down in 3R. Don't see what's the upside for him if that's the case.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I think he might be too expensive, but he is a crazy good 4th liner.

Lamoriello already has him re-signed. He,s just not telling anyone quite yet. I wouldn't be too worried about overpaying for him as a 4th liner because he simply isn't leaving New York.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00