Mike Condon = 21-25-6
Ben Scrivens = 5-8-0

2016-17 = .600
Charlie Lindgren = 2-0-0
Al Montoya = 8-6-4
* Some of these might have been under Julien's 24 games

Total = .525
64-57-18

So Therrien without Price is only a .525 winning percentage during his second stint with Montreal. Not nearly as impressive unless you consider that achieving a winning record with our average offense and that scrap pile of back-up goaltenders he had to work with to pull it off.
Take a look at the 2015-16 season. MT doesn't have the ability to pick and choose the lineups. The team goes from first to last everywhere. Without Price we don't make the playoffs in any of those seasons.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Take a look at the 2015-16 season. MT doesn't have the ability to pick and choose the lineups. The team goes from first to last everywhere. Without Price we don't make the playoffs in any of those seasons.
I thought he did well without Price in all seasons except 2015-16. But we also had key injuries that season to Subban, Gallagher, Desharnais, Petry, and Byron. But the real killer was starting 55 games with a rookie goaltender in Condon who had never played an NHL game before that.

Anyways I get that Price had a huge impact - just sharing that I think Therrien might have been a bit better than we tend to give credit for

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I thought he did well without Price in all seasons except 2015-16. But we also had key injuries that season to Subban, Gallagher, Desharnais, Petry, and Byron. But the real killer was starting 55 games with a rookie goaltender in Condon who had never played an NHL game before that.
Subban was injured near the end of that season. The wheels were well off the train by then. The team completely fell apart as soon as Price went down.

At that point he couldn’t cherry pick who to play our backups against and it became very apparent how dependent we were on Price.
Anyways I get that Price had a huge impact - just sharing that I think Therrien might have been a bit better than we tend to give credit for
He was not. He was God awful. Our analytics were terrible, roster management was inexplicable, he bullied players, we developed next to nobody at that time - or at least most didn’t hit their potential. His systems made no sense… he was a failure on every level but he had the best player in the league to cover it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad