Hab 30 Goal Scorers in the Past Decade

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I'm excited to see Suzuki one goal away from joining the 30 goal club. Can any of you remember the last three players to accomplish this in Montreal over the past decade?

1) Max Pacioretty 39, 37, 30, 35 (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
2) Brendan Gallagher 31, 33 (2018, 2019)
3) Alexander Galchenyuk 30 (2016)

These three probably deserve a little more appreciation from our fan base for their accomplishments - it's pretty rare to see a 30 goal scorer in Montreal these days

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
To be honest, the only one that I could think of was pacioretty off the top of my head.

Other than that, my brain was going to Ryder but that was over a decade ago.

Reactions: holy

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'm excited to see Suzuki one goal away from joining the 30 goal club. Can any of you remember the last three players to accomplish this in Montreal over the past decade?

1) Max Pacioretty 39, 37, 30, 35 (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
2) Brendan Gallagher 31, 33 (2018, 2019)
3) Alexander Galchenyuk 30 (2016)

These three probably deserve a little more appreciation from our fan base for their accomplishments - it's pretty rare to see a 30 goal scorer in Montreal these days
Habs have been allergic to hockey stars since the 80s. It's as if they prefer having 3 20 goals scorers to 2 30 goals scorers, or even 1 60 goal scorer. Logically if 1 of your 20 goals scorer gets injured, you still get 40. Then 30... for the 2, and you get nothing if your super-star gets injured.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Sad sad state of affairs.........
Better days ahead.
Max and Gally and Chucky in the last 10 years or so.....................insane how the habs decided to lay it all on the goalies in the last 30 years.

Reactions: Tyson

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Sad sad state of affairs.........
Better days ahead.
Max and Gally and Chucky in the last 10 years or so.....................insane how the habs decided to lay it all on the goalies in the last 30 years.
Better days ahead... not with the worst forward prospects in the league.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I wanted to kill Therrien in 2016 for his usage of Galchenyuk. And the idiot waited until we were out of the playoffs to put him on the first line. f***ing imbecile.

That being said, our history sucks. Unreal that the greatest franchise in the league couldn’t find scoring to save its life. I’m so glad for what we’ve got coming because there’s more talented forwards coming up since I can’t remember.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Chucky could have been more with a different coach. His dad and habits didn't help but the right coach could have set him straight. He'd have been something special with Marty as his coach.

Reactions: pepperMonkey

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Chucky could have been more with a different coach. His dad and habits didn't help but the right coach could have set him straight. He'd have been something special with Marty as his coach.
At some point, I don't believe a coach could drastically change a player. They literally are businesses on skates and good players are good everywhere they play.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
At some point, I don't believe a coach could drastically change a player. They literally are businesses on skates and good players are good everywhere they play.
They decide where, how and who you play with. It’s massive.

Now…. Usually a coach doesn’t make as big a difference. But when you’ve got the worst coach in the league, it messes you up. Therrien was an exceptionally bad coach.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Better days ahead... not with the worst forward prospects in the league.
Have faith......................the D and the depth in goal will soon be shown in full scope.
Therein lies the path to getting some forwards....

I get it, patience is not easy for habs fans.....we gave Bergevin 10 years to slowly ruin things, this is going to take some time....

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I wanted to kill Therrien in 2016 for his usage of Galchenyuk. And the idiot waited until we were out of the playoffs to put him on the first line. f***ing imbecile.

That being said, our history sucks. Unreal that the greatest franchise in the league couldn’t find scoring to save its life. I’m so glad for what we’ve got coming because there’s more talented forwards coming up since I can’t remember.
Toenails brought out the ugly in everyone............players and fans.

Still can't believe he was given 2 shots behind the bench with the Habs. More Bergevin BS with his first move as GM.
Sucked the life out of the fans....

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
They decide where, how and who you play with. It’s massive.

Now…. Usually a coach doesn’t make as big a difference. But when you’ve got the worst coach in the league, it messes you up.
By chance, this guy never coached Crosby, Letang or Malkin.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Have faith......................the D and the depth in goal will soon be shown in full scope.
Therein lies the path to getting some forwards....

I get it, patience is not easy for habs fans.....we gave Bergevin 10 years to slowly ruin things, this is going to take some time....
I will believe it when I see it.

Back in 2013-2014, people were very optimistic about the forwards future on the team.

Galchenyuk was an up and coming stud with tons of potential (like Slaf)
Gallagher was a pest that was on the way of scoring 30 goals
Pacioretty was entering his prime and was nearing PPG and 40 goals while being decent defensively (similar to Suzuki)

Things did not turn out the way people thought. So let's first see some results in the NHL and then we can say future is bright.

Currently, only 3 forwards have over 30 pts. That is absolutely PATHETIC.

Reactions: ReHabs

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4