Confirmed with Link: Haas resigned, 1 yr, 915k

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I like Haas, and I think he could take another step forward. He's not that young, but was given a limited opportunity here

But at the very least, he'd be a great player to send down to the AHL if someone like McLeod or Benson steals his spot.

I like the strategy of having almost too much competition for bottom six spots.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I like the player. I think he has good speed and is pretty responsible defensively. I think he could be a bit better offensively with some better linemates but that remains a question mark. I am honestly surprised he resigned though, as it seems like Tippett doesnt have a ton of confidence in him.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Hopefully the experience helps him be better on the dot next year. He could be the answer to our Right shot #3C hole.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Hopefully the experience helps him be better on the dot next year. He could be the answer to our Right shot #3C hole.
If he does have the opportunity to train during this time, preferably with a partner, maybe he could. It is more of a specialized skill to be good on the dot. Train your upper body on key execises, and if he's lucky to have ice time, drill faceoffs over and over.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

No issue with the signing, I like the player. I do wonder though with the current situation if there will likely be better players available at that price point this summer with a flat or diminishing cap. There's really going to be a squeeze on bottom six players in the market.

Fortunately, this is a contract that can be buried if need be.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I like the player. I think he has good speed and is pretty responsible defensively. I think he could be a bit better offensively with some better linemates but that remains a question mark. I am honestly surprised he resigned though, as it seems like Tippett doesnt have a ton of confidence in him.

I think Tippett liked him. He played 53 of 62 games leading into the deadline, despite a brief demotion. Despite being part of a group of bottom 6 players that needed to battle to stay in the lineup, he played most of the games. Overall the 9th most games played of forwards on the team.

It just seems this way as his time dropped after the trade deadline with the new recruits and everyone getting healhty leading to a desire to go bigger with Khaira in light of the fact that the new players weren't overly big either. Khaira's PK numbers also contributing.

He'll get a fair chance again with Tippett next year, especially if he shows to have any ability on the PK at all.

Reactions: The Nuge

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
As far as I'm concerned, scoring on that penalty shot vs Rittich sealed it. Even if he never scores another goal in orange and blue again, it will still be worth it, for that goal alone :laugh:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
The most underused player on the roster imo. I can't believe we actually had Khaira/Gagner getting into the lineup over him.

Agreed. His point totals may not have been as good as they could have been, but he contributed in other ways that were very helpful.
He drew a lot of penalties for example, especially considering the small amount of ice time he got.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Haas and Nygard showed glimpses of promise throughout the year and had good chemistry together. I think both of them are close to 30 points next year with solid defensive play. Just need to find that 3rd guy, maybe Benson?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Is there any sort of market for Khaira?

I also wonder how McDavid would react to one of his best buds on the team getting shipped out.
I'm sure McD has had closer buds moving out on him.
As for market, 6'4" C who can skate, is young, kills penalties, hits, fights when needed, decent at draws and makes 1.2M.

There may be a couple teams interested.

Reactions: Aerchon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad