Blue Jays Discussion: Guys are getting hurt, but Grichuk is mashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
The only clubhouse where Ken Giles had consistent issues was in Houston, here's a fun quote about it!

'"I wish Ken Giles well, but my advice to him would be to participate in the culture which he's in if he wants the benefits of it,"

Who can forget the historically great clubhouse atmosphere of the 2016-2018 Houston Astros.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
MLB will have to call off the season in less than a month.

Absolute failure considering every other league more or less got it right (as right as possible given the circumstances).

Yes and no, that NBA guy who left the NBA bubble to go see a family member, league approved, only to post pics of himself at a strip club that night... because when you think of sanitary, a strip club is the first place that pops in your head... you cant control stupid. I'm guessing the Marlins story is something stupid like that.

Reactions: theaub

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I hope they continue playing.

First of all cause I love baseball, and secondly to see how badly Miami will get beat with a lineup of rookies and scrubs.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The only clubhouse where Ken Giles had consistent issues was in Houston, here's a fun quote about it!

'"I wish Ken Giles well, but my advice to him would be to participate in the culture which he's in if he wants the benefits of it,"

Who can forget the historically great clubhouse atmosphere of the 2016-2018 Houston Astros.

Indeed he seems to be a very well balanced young man...

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The MLB knew that this would happen. It's the reason we get taxi squads and a deep-ass player pool. They knew we'd get lots of cases and entire teams getting ravaged by it - their whole plan was to just push through it.

Lets face it, the train has left the station and the only thing stopping it is someone dying.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
How does the season even go on after this?

It’s only a matter of time before this thing engulfs half the teams around the league.

Just had a hunch Florida would play a role in screwing this all up.

I guess enjoy the few games we have left?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

It’s only a matter of time before this thing engulfs half the teams around the league.

If there are any.....

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
You saying the slider was 92? When we know earlier in the count the announcers said his fast ball was 92... we all know he was not throwing his slider at 92. Soooo ever hear the story about the guy who responded to me and intentionally did what he accused me of doing, yeah its a cute story...

So maybe you've been living in a cave for the last 3 years but Gilles DOES have a lengthy history of injuries and DOES have issues with his temper and relationships with his coaches... google it you might learn something, its not hard to find many articles on both issues.

No, I'm saying "he throws as fast as a peewee pitcher" is both inaccurate (because he throws 92) and irrelevant (because it was a slider). But yeah, his slider is slightly below league average velocity. What a chump.

On Giles, see theaub's post below. Some guys in Houston didn't like him. Boo hoo.

Reactions: kb

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
No, I'm saying "he throws as fast as a peewee pitcher" is both inaccurate (because he throws 92) and irrelevant (because it was a slider). But yeah, his slider is slightly below league average velocity. What a chump.

On Giles, see theaub's post below. Some guys in Houston didn't like him. Boo hoo.

Are you a computer and unable to understand when people are begin facetious?

Is it normal behavior to punch yourself in the face?

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

I think it depends on the Phillies. If quite a few test positive then the season I think ends. If it just the Marlins then it continues.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I think we are about 90% of the way towards sticking a fork in this season.

It was never going to work without a bubble

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I think we are about 90% of the way towards sticking a fork in this season.

It was never going to work without a bubble

Sure a bubble is better but I don't think a bubble will work either. All it takes is one player to break it and get exposed to the virus.

The problem is the cases in the USA are significantly too high. NHL likely finishes the season because they are playing in Canada.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
The bubbles have worked well enough so far. NWSL went off without a hitch. MLS had issues getting teams into the bubble but once inside there's been no new cases for a couple weeks. NBA seems to be pretty vigilant on bubble control (we'll see how long they force Lou to quarantine).

MLB was just going to never work because even a bubble isn't feasible. You're playing 15 games per day for most of the season, which means you need a bubble for each region and then at least two playable MLB fields + facilities within said bubble which is impossible to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad