Player Discussion Gustav Olofsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Great deal! Wonder if we do end up keeping the same D if we see a Olofsson-Brodin pairing

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Both years one-way is interesting.

He's not waivers exempt anymore. Plus it probably cost the Wild less on the NHL cap instead of a 2-way $400k AHL/$950K NHL contract.

I just hope he didn't break his arm signing the contract. :sarcasm::shakehead

Wabit

May 23, 2016
After how many games does waivers kick in?

None. He'd have to clear waivers before the season even started to get to Iowa. It was a question if Graovac would clear or get claimed before last season started.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
None. He'd have to clear waivers before the season even started to get to Iowa. It was a question if Graovac would clear or get claimed before last season started.

Games don't matter in his case, 3 years as a pro when he signed as a 20yr old. Time served is why he's waiver eligible, not NHL games played.

Noted. Hadn't heard that angle yet this offseason so I thought with the minimal NHL games it wasn't an issue.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Highly probable he doesn't pass through waivers. Sounds like a good deal if we plan on playing him in that 6th. Can't see him developing much in a 7th role.

But he's cheap enough that keeping him on the roster in the pressbox roll is a realistic option. No worrying about sending him through waivers.

Maybe Reilly comes in and has a great camp and earns the 6D spot? Having Olofsson waiting in case of injury or Reilly falls off after a few games is a nice option.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Reilly and Olofsson both have chances at decent NHL careers. Both have talent.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The one-way aspect suggests that GMCF is still looking at trade offers for our other defensemen...

Completely unrelated. He was going to get a one way deal anyway. He's waiver eligible now and there was no chance in hell they were going to even attempt sending him through waivers.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Now that I know about the waiver situation the signing looks even better. Not that it looked bad initially. Hope he can become a top 6 regular. Moreso I hope he can stay healthy. I'm sure he'll be up to the challenge of the NHL by the end of camp.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Maybe this is a sign they're replacing Folin with Olofsson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad