SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 1m
Groin injury for Gustav Nyquist

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 48s
Babcock said Nyquist has a groin injury. That's usually a week to 10 days

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 30s
Gustav Nyquist technically day to day, but groin injuries rarely less than 10 days. #redwings

NyquistIsMyGod*

I don't know wheither to laugh or rip out my hair.

I want Pulkkinen up..

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Hhaahaha. Just kill me now. And shoot the season. Stick a fork in it. It's dead.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Hhaahaha. Just kill me now. And shoot the season. Stick a fork in it. It's dead.

Meh. The guys are getting close. Still in the playoffs. Just need to get about 5 points in the next 5 games (sounds horrible I know) and then get on a role with a healthy team. When healthy, this is a top 3 Eastern Conference team.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 12m
Babcock said the #RedWings will be without Gustav Nyquist (groin) for at least the next 10 days.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Nyquist said he is day to day, doesn't think he'll be out that long. No tests needed, just precautionary

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Nyquist said he is day to day, doesn't think he'll be out that long. No tests needed, just precautionary

doesn't sound serious. should be back soon

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I vote for a ban on the guy who created the "Easy December schedule" thread.

At least it's not serious. We should have something resembling an NHL team just in time for the Winter Classic hopefully.

ARCTICCAT24

Sep 7, 2011
Michigan
Call up Tootoo or Callahan. This team is so soft without Abdelkader. Glad they called up Sheahan. They'd be stupid to call up anyone other then those 2.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Call up Tootoo or Callahan. This team is so soft without Abdelkader. Glad they called up Sheahan. They'd be stupid to call up anyone other then those 2.

I get the point, but this team needs offense really bad. Who's the best offensive forward in Grand Rapids? Teemu Pulkkinen. Calling up Tootoo, Callahan, or Ferraro just adds another fourth liner. We have like 7 in the line-up right now.

Pulkkinen could actually spread out our PP too.

Jurco-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Kronwall-Pulkkinen

Alfredsson-Andersson-Tatar
Kindl-Samuelsson

I really want Pulkkinen up. You'd have to put him in on ES in a special spot, but he should help out with the offense.

ARCTICCAT24

Sep 7, 2011
Michigan
I get the point, but this team needs offense really bad. Who's the best offensive forward in Grand Rapids? Teemu Pulkkinen. Calling up Tootoo, Callahan, or Ferraro just adds another fourth liner. We have like 7 in the line-up right now.

Pulkkinen could actually spread out our PP too.

Jurco-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Kronwall-Pulkkinen

Alfredsson-Andersson-Tatar
Kindl-Samuelsson

I really want Pulkkinen up. You'd have to put him in on ES in a special spot, but he should help out with the offense.

He wouldn't do **** in a game against the Ducks. Tootoo or Callahan would be much more suited to play in this type of game. Who's to say he doesn't get crushed at center ice, and then is out for 3 months. It's not worth putting him out there for one game against the Ducks, who we all know have no problem going after out skilled guys. Like Perry fighting Datsyuk.

NyquistIsMyGod*

He wouldn't do **** in a game against the Ducks. Tootoo or Callahan would be much more suited to play in this type of game.

You sure? Anaheim has a terrible PK, ranking in at 23. We basically only have one unit. Pulkkinen could help that out with his cannon.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I'd like Jarnkrok up to give us more than 3 players with a little bit of skill. He could play on the 2nd PP unit so it's not Tatar and nothing.

crashman

No doubt about it, the most injured team in the league the last 4 or so seasons. What the **** are they doing wrong?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I really hate this year so far. I keep telling myself hey don't worry in a few weeks will be fine and it keeps getting worse. Hope that the majority of our core will be back healthy on jan 1st. But I'm not hopeful.

By the way our core in my eyes is: D, Z, franzen, nyquist, alfie, tatar, kronner, Big Rig, and DD.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
No doubt about it, the most injured team in the league the last 4 or so seasons. What the **** are they doing wrong?

We're the oldest team in the NHL so it should be no surprise that we're dealing with injuries. I think the fact that they're all happening at the same time & it's happening to everyone & not just the older players is the surprising part.

I think ideally we see Pulkkinen or Ferraro called up. I'd like to see Jarnkrok up but I just don't think he's ready for the NHL yet, that & I don't remember if he ever had any success on the wing in the past. Pulkkinen would be able to be at least a 3rd line scoring threat but he may get abused physical while Ferraro comes with less offensive flair but he can handle himself well & he'd add another speedy player to the bottom 6. Either way if we can come out of the next stretch with around a .500 record I'd be happy.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
By the way our core in my eyes is: D, Z, franzen, nyquist, alfie, tatar, kronner, Big Rig, and DD.
Top 10 Core:

1. Z
2. Dats
3. Kronner
4. Howard
5. Helm
6. Big E
7. DD
8. Franzen
9. Alfie
10. Nyquist

60% gone. Trouble, we are in.