Gustav Lindstrom

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
What did he say? I have a hard time believing a player would say something negative about a teammate. If it is true and I have no reason to not believe you DD needs to go. Maybe he’s afraid for his job

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Based on DeKeyser’s comments after the game, it seems that Lindstrom hasn’t proved himself to be worthy of securing an NHL job for next year. But take DDK’s comments as you will. As reference, he said that Cholowski and Hronek have proven to be quality NHL players, with no mention of Lindstrom.
I usually watch/listen to pre & post-games, but I missed the DDK segment. Venturing a guess that Linds' omission was likely an oversight. DDK probably didn't feel the need to elaborate on all the prospects. Also Linds poise & no nonsense etc. + equal amt of pts (in fewer gp) vs. Cholo & his hot-potato dances, should theoretically put him ahead in the pecking order. Of course, DDK being the resident stay at home top4 vet is possibly worried about being waived in ED (though SEA should have better option for $5m/1yr), so it could've been a slight jab to Gustav (but I don't think it was). But I wouldn't rule it out either. A lifelong RW, coming off back surgery/injury plagued seasons, trying to resurrect his career & a young, solid, decent skating Dman w/poise @ <1/5 $....hmmm.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I usually watch/listen to pre & post-games, but I missed the DDK segment. Venturing a guess that Linds' omission was likely an oversight. DDK probably didn't feel the need to elaborate on all the prospects. Also Linds poise & no nonsense etc. + equal amt of pts (in fewer gp) vs. Cholo & his hot-potato dances, should theoretically put him ahead in the pecking order. Of course, DDK being the resident stay at home top4 vet is possibly worried about being waived in ED (though SEA should have better option for $5m/1yr), so it could've been a slight jab to Gustav (but I don't think it was). But I wouldn't rule it out either. A lifelong RW, coming off back surgery/injury plagued seasons, trying to resurrect his career & a young, solid, decent skating Dman w/poise @ <1/5 $....hmmm.
Cholo looked okay, but Lindstrom did look pretty bad over the last bit of the season. Honestly, DDK/Cholo/Lindstrom could all be replaced pretty easily…so I’m not at all worried about losing them to Seattle.

Reactions: Jon Cusack

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Based on DeKeyser’s comments after the game, it seems that Lindstrom hasn’t proved himself to be worthy of securing an NHL job for next year. But take DDK’s comments as you will. As reference, he said that Cholowski and Hronek have proven to be quality NHL players, with no mention of Lindstrom.

You are reading far too much into that comment

Reactions: Konnan511

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Probably…but doesn’t change the fact that Lindstrom is just a younger version of Brian Lashoff. Can play a 5-6 depth role but never will be a top 4.

What is your point? That Lindstrom isn't as good as you hoped he would be? You could say the same thing about 98% of drafted players so you probably shouldn't let it get your down. If you don't like 5-6 defensemen, perhaps we should just roll four. That would be an easy fix to that problem.

Reactions: 14ari13

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
What is your point? That Lindstrom isn't as good as you hoped he would be? You could say the same thing about 98% of drafted players so you probably shouldn't let it get your down. If you don't like 5-6 defensemen, perhaps we should just roll four. That would be an easy fix to that problem.
I have no real attachments to a lot of our prospects. If they make it, great. But if I feel that they don’t look like they belong, then I’m never opposed to bringing someone in who can do the job and make our team better. So if I had a point, it was just that DDK didn’t mention Lindstrom as someone who looked like they belonged in the NHL. Could it have slipped his mind? Sure. Could he he have intentionally not mentioned him? Possibly. Not like he deserved to be included in the “belonging” list with his play. Could that change? Sure. But until he does…he hasn’t.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I have no real attachments to a lot of our prospects. If they make it, great. But if I feel that they don’t look like they belong, then I’m never opposed to bringing someone in who can do the job and make our team better. So if I had a point, it was just that DDK didn’t mention Lindstrom as someone who looked like they belonged in the NHL. Could it have slipped his mind? Sure. Could he he have intentionally not mentioned him? Possibly. Not like he deserved to be included in the “belonging” list with his play. Could that change? Sure. But until he does…he hasn’t.

This take is quite a stretch.

Cholowski belongs and Lindstrom doesn't, and this take is supported by DDK saying something nice about Cholo in the post-game while not mentioning Lindstrom? Yeesh.

I suspect Cholo was mentioned by DDK because Cholo has improved, and it's a nice little confidence booster. He threw him a bone is what it sounds like. He's also inextricably linked to Hronek, being from the same draft and borne of the same trade, all the more reason to lump those two together.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14ari13

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011

Cholowski belongs and Lindstrom doesn't, and this take is supported by DDK saying something nice about Cholo in the post-game while not mentioning Lindstrom? Yeesh.

I suspect Cholo was mentioned by DDK because Cholo has improved, and it's a nice little confidence booster. He threw him a bone is what it sounds like. He's also inextricably linked to Hronek, being from the same draft and borne of the same trade, all the more reason to lump those two together.
Probably. Again, my original comment stated that you can take DDK's comment as you will. I don't really have any stake in anything he said. But Lindstrom's play certainly doesn't disprove the fact that he isn't NHL ready, as of right now.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Probably. Again, my original comment stated that you can take DDK's comment as you will. I don't really have any stake in anything he said. But Lindstrom's play certainly doesn't disprove the fact that he isn't NHL ready, as of right now.

Fair enough. Though on the last point, we disagree, and I'll point out that it is not, in fact, a fact ;)

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
how do you guys like him this season so far? he reminds of lilja
He's been fairly solid in the 3rd pair role. I kind of see him as another Nick Jensen and we'll probably end up trading him, just like Nick, to make room for folks as they make their way to the main roster. We're starting to get to the point where some more careful decisions are going to have to be made to help upgrade this team at spots where we don't have a lot of prospect depth.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

So in other words, DDK sucks as a defenseman, and his talent evaluation sucks as well. Cholo has 5 games this season, Lindstrom is a regular.

I like that he's getting more physical and taking the body more often. Needs to add a few more pounds, but I like the progress. He's also getting calmer with the puck. He's a suitable 3rd pair, even on a Cup team so I think he's a keeper.

Just remember, Djoos has a ring and I'd take Lindstrom over him any day of the week.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Very controversial but he's like the low 2nd/3rd pairing version of Nick Lidstrom. Where his play is very understateded and based on making the simple, high volume plays. Now of course Nick was better in every possible way. People seem to undervalue his steadyness.

I do think he'd make a good partner for Edvinsson.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Very controversial but he's like the low 2nd/3rd pairing version of Nick Lidstrom. Where his play is very understateded and based on making the simple, high volume plays. Now of course Nick was better in every possible way. People seem to undervalue his steadyness.

I do think he'd make a good partner for Edvinsson.

Hes only 23, no reason he cant develop into a legit stay at home, top 4 option to play with Edvinsson in a couple years. I think hes really solid back there, nothing flashy but really steady

Reactions: FMichael

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Hes only 23, no reason he cant develop into a legit stay at home, top 4 option to play with Edvinsson in a couple years. I think hes really solid back there, nothing flashy but really steady
He goes unnoticed...Not flashy, nor is he a concern in his own end...Maybe he'll become our Niklas Hjalmarsson.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
He's solid, but wow... Hjalmarsson was really good, we'd be over the moon if he ended up anything close.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
He's solid, but wow... Hjalmarsson was really good, we'd be over the moon if he ended up anything close.
Yeah...Hjalmarsson was a big body shot-blocker. If Lindstrom ends up with the latter half of that, I'd be super happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad