Gustav Lindstrom

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
A guy who flies a little under the radar because we have some enticing D prospects in North America, however it appears Lindstrom is in a good situation this year in Frolunda. If the offense comes, we could have something here.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Smart player, hopefully he can become a trustworthy #4 type. He has a somewhat heavy shot and some good instincts when I have seen him. Look forward to him being over here next year. The Wings are high on him when they talk and in what I have seen I understand why. Not a world beater but if we get the right guy to take the #1 D role people can slot in correctly and Lindstrom looks like a player but his NA transition will be telling.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
STOP this PR spin! nothing is happening for this guy.:nono:

You're carrying on this martyr complex for something I never said. My "PR spin" comment was in regards to all the negativity about Chychrun. I never said anything about praising Wings players.

But you already know that. Do we really need to contaminate another thread with it?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Pronman seems to view him strictly as a depth guy. Sounds a lot like Ouellet but Lindstrom is a better passer. It was good to see he liked Otto Kivenmaki in the 4 Nations U20 tournament. Combined with his play at development camp he seems like another Hakkan special. It also sounds like he could participate in the WJC which would give us another chance to see how he does against the best in his general age group.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Pronman seems to view him strictly as a depth guy. Sounds a lot like Ouellet but Lindstrom is a better passer. It was good to see he liked Otto Kivenmaki in the 4 Nations U20 tournament. Combined with his play at development camp he seems like another Hakkan special. It also sounds like he could participate in the WJC which would give us another chance to see how he does against the best in his general age group.

Do you mean what XO became? Or what OX was perceived to become 3 years ago?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Do you mean what XO became? Or what OX was perceived to become 3 years ago?
Pretty much both. The knock on Ouellet from his draft was footspeed. It never developed and that limited his NHL potential. They both sound like they can play physical which is nice and Lindstrom sounds like he's a better passer.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Pretty much both. The knock on Ouellet from his draft was footspeed. It never developed and that limited his NHL potential. They both sound like they can play physical which is nice and Lindstrom sounds like he's a better passer.

Well considering we bought XO out at 24 years old, I hope its not based on what he became because that would be a disappointment.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Lindstrom lacks foot speed too?

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I think he's quite similar to what Marchenko was when he was still considered a good prospect. Right-handed two-way D with good size, average skating, a good shot and some offensive upside.

Hopefully he can take another step in skating and get a good amount of offensive responsibility in Sweden.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Well that sucks I had high hopes for him. In today’s NHL speed is at a premium even over size.

Lindstrom, even under the best of circumstances, would still be something like three years out from the NHL, imo. In that time what's in could shift quite a bit, or maybe the Wings will even be the ones pushing that shift a bit considering where some of their draft emphasis has been.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Red Wings' top prospects: Some flourishing, some struggling mid-season

Gustav Lindstrom, RhD, Frolunda (Sweden)
GP:
26, G: 2, A: 2, PT: 4
Drafted: 38th in 2017

Lindstrom is playing almost 20 minutes a game in all situations for one of the top teams in Sweden's highest league, which Horcoff said is no small feat for a 19-year-old.

"He likes to play physical, he's got a good first pass, he's got nice poise with the puck," Horcoff said. "He's progressing nicely and we're happy with his progress.

"He's a good skater, but there's a couple areas we'd like to see him improve, not just to get to the next level but to succeed at the next level. Strength will help his game a lot. To be able to kill a cycle he's got to get a little bit stronger. Leg strength will help his stride in general and the skating is going to help that. He's got a good shot already, but a little more upper-body strength would help that as well."

I really really like these updates. Physical development needed, and that's easiest to build. Just hit on the gym.

Those RhDs are so hard to find and he seems to be on the right path and we have Hronek too.

Couldn't care less abut those lefties, because you can find them anywhere. (and Cholowski locks one future spot from left, proably McIsaac too) :P

Last edited:

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I played tennis with Horcoff this weekend. Didn't get the chance to ask him much but he's headed to Vancouver obviously. Dude is aa sic athlete btw.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Based on DeKeyser’s comments after the game, it seems that Lindstrom hasn’t proved himself to be worthy of securing an NHL job for next year. But take DDK’s comments as you will. As reference, he said that Cholowski and Hronek have proven to be quality NHL players, with no mention of Lindstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad