Gun to your head: Pens or Leafs in a 7 game series

Who would you take?

• Total voters

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
for real? you guys are betting againsgt 3 time cup winners 4 times there and 2 of the best players our gen or any really? againgst a never pass the first round team??? ok...

now leaf fans don't for one sec think I I think your rubbish or something you guys just need exp I would take leafs over pens to go with anyday over pens future but as of RIGHT NOW pens if it could be a cup final

Reactions: dukeofjive

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Leafs because the Penguins suck ass this year. If the Penguins turn it on, I'd pick them because they're proven, but the Leafs would straight up murder this Penguins team right now.

Take the words of Penguins fans, this team is bad right now.

Reactions: phillipmike

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Pens. Gonna take more than 25 games. They are stilk only team with the on switch. Always scary. Leafs...who knows what they are in important games

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Playoff games are a different breed. If Murray does his thing in net then I have to pick Pittsburgh because of the Crosby factor

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Leafs today. Pens are a better team than they've been showing, but I think the Leafs take it if everyone's healthy and in the lineup.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Leafs but Pitt would find a way to force game 7

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I think it would be 6 or 7. TO's defense is disgustingly bad at times and for that reason I wouldn't really be that confident against a team like PIT. PIT has been meh early on in seasons past and won cups so the standings don't really do them justice. I'll say Toronto in 7 just because of the forward depth and Veznersen

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I have a hard time betting against the Pens. I think they will make the playoffs and surprise a lot of people. Any team with Crosby and Malkin will be a bad draw for any of the top seeds.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
If we're talking right now, today...i'd go with the Leafs pretty easily. The Penguins are not playing well, and more than anything...DeSmith and Jarry just isn't doing it for me. That's not the sort of goaltending i'd bet on, gun to my head to win a series for them. The Penguins don't have the defence (and haven't for years now) to get away with anything less than really high level goaltending. Even if we're allowing for Murray returning...i'm not so sure on where he was at to begin with, and he'd be coming off a lengthy absence with plenty of rust likely.

I go with the team that's really clicking offensively, has a goaltending playing well, and just got a significant extra piece back in the fold in Nylander to bolster their offense even further.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Crosby and Malkin are too good to bet against the Pens. Andersen is also a questionable playoff goalie.

Casey DeSmith and Tristan Jarry say hello @ Andersen

If the series started tomorrow Toronto wins pretty handily I'd say. They don't have anything that 'counters' Toronto (big physical presence or elite defense). Crosby and Malkin are prob better than Matthews and JT, but the depth at forward isn't matched by Pittsburgh.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Pens. Gonna take more than 25 games. They are stilk only team with the on switch. Always scary. Leafs...who knows what they are in important games
I don't think a playoff series can last for more than 25 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad