Guess who will be back next season!

Habster33

In Habs we trust!
Dec 15, 2010
Really? You look at our record the last 2 seasons and conclude the hiring "makes no sense"? Where exactly are you expecting us to be, at Chicago/Boston heights?

Don't try to understand those #firetherrien people. You'll never be able to figure it out.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
What I'm concerned is that the young players seem like they regressed. If they don't take the next step next year, then the management needs to start asking some serious questions.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
If Gionta is crying in MT's arms again this time next month, he should and will be on very thin ice. With the east this wide open, it is time to start winning playoff rounds.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Let's see how far we go into the playoffs first, mkay?

He'll be back even if we get swept in round 1. Believe me. Therrien is here for another 2 seasons.

beleeeee dat!

Michel-Therrien-620x413.jpg

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Really? You look at our record the last 2 seasons and conclude the hiring "makes no sense"? Where exactly are you expecting us to be, at Chicago/Boston heights?

Looking at records without watching the games and evaluating theplayers (especially the young ones) get you into situations like Pittsburgh where they had to fire the coach just after getting to the Stanley Cup finals.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Lol

Loved how you did this thread. Very suspenseful. I couldn't wait to open it, and then I had the biggest grin when I saw MT's puss covering my screen.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Don't try to understand those #firetherrien people. You'll never be able to figure it out.
What? Are you serious?

For **** sakes man, if you can't figure it out then you don't understand hockey. He's a terrible coach. Not sure why this should be a mystery to anyone.

What has he done well this year apart from letting Price carry his sorry ass to the playoffs?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
What? Are you serious?

For **** sakes man, if you can't figure it out then you don't understand hockey. He's a terrible coach. Not sure why this should be a mystery to anyone.

What has he done well this year apart from letting Price carry his sorry ass to the playoffs?

...he's partnered perennial All-Star Frankie Boo Boo with that punk PK Subban...you know, to make him a better person...:laugh:

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
we're heading to playoffs with some steam, last year we were crashing when we entered playoffs..

this year if we keep going we might have some momentum and carry it into the playoffs..

MT is a good coach for the team stop whining guys we got some reasons to be optimist..

east is wide open and except the bruins, anyone can beat anyone

let's do this

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
we're heading to playoffs with some steam, last year we were crashing when we entered playoffs..

this year if we keep going we might have some momentum and carry it into the playoffs..

MT is a good coach for the team stop whining guys we got some reasons to be optimist..

east is wide open and except the bruins, anyone can beat anyone

let's do this

yup..

Others, smoke more weed and be patient :sarcasm:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

OMG, you really expect him to give you a logical response. He hates therrien. Period. Full Stop. MT can lead the Habs to 5 straight Stanley Cup wins and Lafleurs Guy will complain that Michel should have won that 6th cup and tell you that you don't understand hockey if you don't agree with him..

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
OMG, you really expect him to give you a logical response. He hates therrien. Period. Full Stop. MT can lead the Habs to 5 straight Stanley Cup wins and Lafleurs Guy will complain that Michel should have won that 6th cup and tell you that you don't understand hockey if you don't agree with him..
MT will never lead a team anywhere. Any team that wins with him as a coach would do it despite him, certainly not because of him.

I don't hate MT btw. I just want him to be a better person.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Can't wait until we fire him so we can hire a new coach to hate and want to fire.

Yea this basically sums up this board's opinion on every coach.

I wonder how long after we hire Guy Boucher would it take for fans to scream that he should be sent back to Hamilton?

HABS win CUPS*

Carey Price does make Therrien look so much better

But Therrien does seem to have gotten into a groove with our offensive lines lately after so many combinations regular season is almost over and the lines still aren't really set

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
How'd you like that Bouillion Subban pairing tonight? Our coach is a dumbass.

Yeah you're right, Therrien ruined soup's night by pairing him with that ********* PK...:shakehead

:sarcasm:

All's not perfect but fact is, we're heading to the playoffs on a cool momentum.. Haven't peaked yet..:amazed:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
MT will never lead a team anywhere. Any team that wins with him as a coach would do it despite him, certainly not because of him.

I don't hate MT btw. I just want him to be a better person.

Admirable as that sentiment may seem to you, it reeks of hubris on your part.

1) MT being a better person will not necessarily make him a better coach and as a Habs fan a better coach is all you deserve to ask of him.

2) How the phoque do you know he is not a better person than you or me? I know he was a single dad and took full custody of his two young kids because his ex was not up to the task. That in itself doesn't prove anything but when you couple it with this next tidbit it starts to paint a picture of the man. In a world where adult children no longer want their aging parents around and usually place them in homes, MT took in his 80 something mom and provided a home for her in HIS house. He didn't pack her off to an old folks' home.

Maybe MT has a rough exterior, maybe he doesn't speak either of our official languages very well, maybe he has lousy taste but I wouldn't claim that I or you are better people than he is.

Jeeze, man get over yourself.

Avengers*

I think Michel Therrien finish out his 3 years contract. the only way he gets fired is if the bolts sweep us this year and next year we become a bottom feeder like 2012.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see him signed after the 3 years deal if the team stays successful!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad