Post-Game Talk: Guess what, we won! (no just kidding we lost again), 3-2 Florida

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Rewatching the highlights, just got to say I have no idea how Kessel made that shot to make it 3-2. Luongo was in position and had most of the net covered yet Kessel just snipes it short side. Shot was a thing of beauty, pass by Kadri through all the Panthers sticks wasn't bad either.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Rewatching the highlights, just got to say I have no idea how Kessel made that shot to make it 3-2. Luongo was in position and had most of the net covered yet Kessel just snipes it short side. Shot was a thing of beauty, pass by Kadri through all the Panthers sticks wasn't bad either.

Yea. That happens once in every 10 games or so. It was a beauty..

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012

Not many players in the world could make that shot.

Kessel has such a great wrister

Grabowaffle84

Dec 29, 2010
Good, a loss. But was that our Jimmy Hayes who scored his 17th goal?

Yet another fine player that the Leafs gave up on way too early. Glad to see he's thriving tho. Had he still been with the Leafs he probably wouldn't have blossomed to the player he is now.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Kadri was our best forward tonight and got less ice time then some of the forwards who did not deserve it.

Rielly played a game high 25:27 of ice time tonight. The old man looked good tonight seeing as he had not played in 9 days, he looked good. I think we will be able to trade him at the trade deadline.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
we used a 2nd to get Hayes and got a 2nd back for him, Burke couldn't sign him

the blackhawks gave up on him.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Gardiner spent the whole night swiftly moving the puck out of our zone and up the ice, jumped up very well a couple of times, wasn't on the ice for any goals against and some of you say he was awful? Wow he really just can't win with some of you guys.

Kadri was our best forward tonight and got less ice time then some of the forwards who did not deserve it.

Rielly played a game high 25:27 of ice time tonight. The old man looked good tonight seeing as he had not played in 9 days, he looked good. I think we will be able to trade him at the trade deadline.

I thought Kadri had a subpar game. Fumbled the puck, took some bad decisions, played loose defensively in a few situations. Was our worst possession player on the night, which is something you really don't see often with him.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Love the thread title. I didn't see the game cuz I passed out from the meds I've been taking early last night so I genuinely thought we won, and felt sad about that, then read the brackets and instantly felt better lol. Just had to check NHL.com to see if it was in regulation or not

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Ex-Leaf Brad Boyes set up the 1st goal.

Ex-Leaf David Bolland set-up the 2nd goal.

Ex-Leaf Jimmy Hayes got the GWG.

Noticeable pattern here.

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
Why is Horachek still bothering with David Clarkson on the power play? That's even more of a crime than trying Olli Jokinen on the penalty kill. The Leafs should be investigated for throwing games. They should try Holland on the 2nd PP unit more, playing wing. Holland has played a lot less on the powerplay than Clarkson and has already produced more powerplay points. For anyone who hasn't bothered to look into it, Clarkson has either the worst or 2nd worst powerplay points per 60 minutes rate in the NHL among powerplay regulars (Among the top 180 forwards in PP TOI, which is about ~80 PP TOI, Clarkson is like 2nd worst or worst. I can't remember which now).

Are we still buying into this crap that Clarkson is useful on the powerplay because he screens the goalie? If the Leafs played Holland a lot more on the powerplay and didn't use Clarkson, I guarantee that the Leafs powerplay would improve.

Last edited:

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Gardiner spent the whole night swiftly moving the puck out of our zone and up the ice, jumped up very well a couple of times, wasn't on the ice for any goals against and some of you say he was awful? Wow he really just can't win with some of you guys.

I thought Kadri had a subpar game. Fumbled the puck, took some bad decisions, played loose defensively in a few situations. Was our worst possession player on the night, which is something you really don't see often with him.

I thought Kadri was lackluster in the first and second periods but really came on strong in the third. His line had the opposition hemmed in their zone a few times in the third period.

Agreed that Gardiner is playing far better than he did earlier in the season. He's still not where he was at the end of last season, but you can see his confidence is climbing.

Jokinen looked good as well, but as I suspected, he wouldn't get much done with Clarkson on his line losing pucks and falling down as he does.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Jimmy Hayes straight up for Brad Ross. Good one Burkie.

Lrafs took the wingers: Ross/Biggs, while Columbus took their centers, Johanson (played with Ross) and Jenner (played with Biggs). Both centers are in the NHL and both wingers are not.
Awesome.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Wow, 5 page PGT........guess it's just not the players that have lost interest. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad