Post-Game Talk: Guess what, we won! (no just kidding we lost again), 3-2 Florida

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I wonder, just how many actually want out of Toronto right now. Can't be fun.

Marty Biron said when he was in Philly he was excited. he wanted to be part of the progress to making the team player and that's what he played for. he can't understand why people would be sour/dour about it - and at least they should play for pride.

leafstilldeath*

Mark Masters @markhmasters · 29m 29 minutes ago
Jonathan Bernier: "I'm just trying to do my job. Stay positive, stay focused. I can't control what's in front of me."

Bernier: "That's almost the nice thing about being a goalie: you just control your own job & don't worry about what's going on out there"

ummmmm WHAT?

:shakehead

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Marty Biron said when he was in Philly he was excited. he wanted to be part of the progress to making the team player and that's what he played for. he can't understand why people would be sour/dour about it - and at least they should play for pride.

These guys aren't difference makers. Phil, Bozak, Phaneuf, that core that's been here for the four meltdowns are mentally weak, fragile people.

The recipe is simple in Toronto. Give an honest effort, have some success and be loved FOREVER.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Jonathan Bernier: "I'm just trying to do my job. Stay positive, stay focused. I can't control what's in front of me."

Bernier: "That's almost the nice thing about being a goalie: you just control your own job & don't worry about what's going on out there"

ummmmm WHAT?

Not exactly one of the boys, eh.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

ummmmm WHAT?

I feel like this is going to get dissected to death because of the "nice thing" part but in reality he's not wrong.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
These guys aren't difference makers. Phil, Bozak, Phaneuf, that core that's been here for the four meltdowns are mentally weak, fragile people.

The recipe is simple in Toronto. Give an honest effort, have some success and be loved FOREVER.

True.
Alyn McCauley: folk hero.
team goes down - he stepped up and played his guts out.

team is goig down and everyone is all "ho hum we suck. but what can we do? we're trying to win."

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
True.
Alyn McCauley: folk hero.
team goes down - he stepped up and played his guts out.

team is goig down and everyone is all "ho hum we suck. but what can we do? we're trying to win."

Ian Turnbull stepped up. He is my folk hero. Heck Gord Mcrae stepped up in LA when we won that series.

Chandler55

Mar 9, 2004
Not exactly one of the boys, eh.

i think he just means being a goalie, its easy to just focus on your game. almost everything you are relied upon is under your control.

as a forward or dmen the lockerroom chemistry affects you and your linemates

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick

LOL Shanahan spoke with these players weeks ago and told them the onus was on them to play harder or changes were going to be made. What do the players do? Dog it and then let the pressure of being traded get to them.

Yeah, not hard to tell why this group was never going to win a damn thing. :help:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
LOL what?! You did!

Remember, you even coined a term for him: "offenseman"

My mistake, correction, he's an offenceman to nowhere.

Really there comes a time one has to look at him, he has had back to back 30 point seasons, and now is stuck on 14 points this year. No Dion or Franson on the #1 PP unit. Still Non offensive numbers.

Franson may not be as flashy, but he puts up points regularly since he has been here. Gardiner not so much.

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
One of the only Leaf games I've watched during this stretch, and I have to say the defense looks awful out there. They are losing all the puck battles and getting burned on what should be easy plays. Granberg in particular looked completely lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad