Guess Sweeney's next move thread

catsmasher

Mar 8, 2012
Trades Rask and jones for the rights to tony twist and then promotes subban because he "so athletic"

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I have no clue what it's going to be but something must be brewing, he can't be squandering money the way he has unless he has plans to unload another big contract. I'm thinking Rask. The return better be good

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Remember you heard it here first:
Rask, Krejci for Allen, backes,& reaves

Signs jackman on UFA wed

Something has to give in st.louis. Hitchcock didn't go anywhere, so look for other changes.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Remember you heard it here first:
Rask, Krejci for Allen, backes,& reaves

Signs jackman on UFA wed

Something has to give in st.louis. Hitchcock didn't go anywhere, so look for other changes.

That is horrible

Rask>Allen
Krejci>Backes

Reeves is a dime a dozen player we have zero need for. Certainly doesn't make up the difference.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
i dont know if it will be his next move but i am expecting him to sign Beleskey at 6M a year for 4-6 years

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Let's get serious now...

He will qualify Spooner and Connolly and Jones as he should.

Debatable whether to trade Jones for something or not...might be a good move.

I would take a chance on Mike Richards on the cheap. Brings more nasty and experience.

Move Kelly for any asset. Move Savard's contract.

Look at another free agent or 2 or a trade (Reilly Smith and Jones might make a nice package with a Subban or Trotman thrown in). We need a 1st line winger or a 1st pair d-man.

Explore RFA offer sheets - why not!

I don't expect any more big salary people on our team traded - I expect to keep Seids, Eriksson and Krejci for now.

Developmental camp begins!

I wouldn't touch Mike Richards, the Kings terminated his contract for breaching his terms of conduct. You don't have to look very far on the internet to understand what the rumours are about him.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n...ike-richards-recreational-drug-012921867.html

His next move is to head over to my grandmother's house, ring the doorbell and when she answers, pull down his pants and defecate on Bobby Orr's #4 retirement banner.

Can we unretire Neely's number? My favourite player growing up but his management of this team is the worst.

HanktheHammer*

Sweeney should wait to trade Rask and Chara next off-season and take a run at Steven Stamkos in next year's free agent class. Both free up a lot of cap space. Stamkos ain't going to stay in Tampa with Cooper as head coach there. I think he was pissed at the way Cooper under utilized him in the Cup Finals.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Since we appear to be in the Don Sweeney Twilight Zone, how about trading Rask back to the Leafs for fan favorite Phil Kessel.

There are many, many examples of why you should never turn the keys to a business over to a sibling. Hopefully Jacobs Jr. is not the latest example.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Rask + K Miller for Shattenkirk + Allen

Chara - Shattydueces
Morrow - Seids
Krug - McQuaid
C Miller

Allen
Jones
Subban

Ad