Rumor: Guesev coming to Vegas to join Dadanov and Ship

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Jones Market is going to be the best place to hang out and meet Golden Knights players if all these rumors come true. :laugh:

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Anything new on this? I found out he has another year on his KHL contract but it can be bought out. The other factor is the Olympics and non-participation by the NHL at this point. Anyone heard anything more?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I haven't heard anything new outside of the buyout.

I think the local media is concentrating on resting after a long week/potential deals pre-July 1 right now.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Vegas needs these guys bad. Not only to help our top forward Ship feel more comfortable, but even if they have deficiencies in their two way game, this team will struggle to score.

Offensive talent is desperately needed. Short term prove it contracts are a must.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Vegas needs these guys bad. Not only to help our top forward Ship feel more comfortable, but even if they have deficiencies in their two way game, this team will struggle to score.

Offensive talent is desperately needed. Short term prove it contracts are a must.

Yeah, they are definitely going to want to get that KHL line to provide some entertainment for season ticket holders.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015

I'm not too fond of our blueline either tbh. After you subtract Methot, in fact, it is probably worse than our forwards.

We have 3 kids that I like (Schmidt, Miller, Theodore). The vets meh. And as I said before, as a former Kings fan I would not have taken McNabb. He's still kinda young, but I don't see us getting real return on the ice from him and believe me I want to and I hope I'm wrong.

Fleury is gonna be under fire this year IMO. Barring significant changes or a miracle where a draft pick or other youngster steps up for us, I see this bunch struggling in the top pairs vs good forwards.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I know I've said it elsewhere before, but I'd really like to see what these could do against NHL competition. This kind of stuff interests me. I also wanted to see what London's insane Tkachuk Dvorak Marner line could've done last year all as rookies.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
I hope it happens. The fans would really appreciate a good line like these guys. Fingers crossed.

Ozolinsh_27

Apr 1, 2005
Psyched for possible Gusev add, if there wasn't an interest on his side would this deal have been done? He is pretty good friends with Kucherov in Tampa so I was a bit shocked by this trade.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Psyched for possible Gusev add, if there wasn't an interest on his side would this deal have been done? He is pretty good friends with Kucherov in Tampa so I was a bit shocked by this trade.

Yeah but he also played with Dads and Ship so.....hopefully!:yo:

Kruddler

Jun 5, 2009
Hate to bring the bad news, but this article didn't sound too promising:

https://www.sport-express.ru/hockey...hans-nachat-sezon-v-vegase-minimalen-1273445/

(Need to translate unless your Russian is up to par)

A couple key points:

"- Let's start with the most important. Is there a chance that you will not return to Russia and will start the season in the NHL?

- If that chance is, it is very minimal. I'll try to explain. Firstly, I have a valid contract with the Petersburg club and is unlikely to agree with the SKA its cancellation.
- You can redeem.
- Now it is not so simple. And whether or not I do that? Still ahead of the Olympics, and I have a great chance to play in this tournament. So I will spend the next season in the KHL.
- There are also some other reasons?
- Yes. For example, if I come to the NHL next season, then I get rookie contract, which all tied to bonuses. If I come to the NHL after 28 years, I can sign a lucrative contract and choose the club. But this is speculation. In fact, I have decided nothing."

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Still ahead of the Olympics, and I have a great chance to play in this tournament. So I will spend the next season in the KHL.

I don't care about Gusev. If he thinks olympics is more important than nhl he should just stay at home.

Also we already have many smurf forwards,
Marchessault 69 inches
Pulkkinen 70
Hyka 71
Leipsic 70
Campoli 71
Lechyshyn 70,75
Suzuki 71
don't need another smurf in Gusev 69.
The Vegas Golden Smurfs

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
KHL pays better than what these kids get in the minors, that's the rub here I think. So for the Knights the question is whether you think this guy has a shot at a roster spot. If you do, then I have to think going the buyout route is a real option. And I am assuming here that his contract can be bought out, admittedly.

If it were me, I'd do what I could to get him over here. He can talk about how he doesn't like rookie contracts all he wants, but keep in mind the KHL has reportedly been missing and late on payments to players. This was mentioned a while back on Sirius when they were cracking jokes about the KHL awards where they had a red carpet and no fans showed up.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't care about Gusev. If he thinks olympics is more important than nhl he should just stay at home.

Also we already have many smurf forwards,
Marchessault 69 inches
Pulkkinen 70
Hyka 71
Leipsic 70
Campoli 71
Lechyshyn 70,75
Suzuki 71
don't need another smurf in Gusev 69.
The Vegas Golden Smurfs

The sky isn't falling yet, bud.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I don't know how many damn times I have to say this. Size doesn't mean as much as it used to. Its how you use that size (ha...ha...)

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
The Olympic thing is a very big deal for European players. It's bigger than the Stanley Cup for them. This was always the biggest thing, to me, that would potentially make him wait one year. The ELC is also a big deal. Still, it didn't stop Panarin from coming over.

Still, at the end of that brief interview, he does allude that he has more information about what will be happening in Vegas than is known to the public regarding "leadership". Makes me wonder if Radulov is gonna sign with Vegas. That's just me speculating of course.

Last edited:

Gerin

Aug 15, 2010
British Columbia
KHL pays better than what these kids get in the minors, that's the rub here I think. So for the Knights the question is whether you think this guy has a shot at a roster spot. If you do, then I have to think going the buyout route is a real option. And I am assuming here that his contract can be bought out, admittedly.

If it were me, I'd do what I could to get him over here. He can talk about how he doesn't like rookie contracts all he wants, but keep in mind the KHL has reportedly been missing and late on payments to players. This was mentioned a while back on Sirius when they were cracking jokes about the KHL awards where they had a red carpet and no fans showed up.

Gusev plays for SKA St. Petersburg, his KHL team has no problem paying their players. Their healthy scratches are 1st line material for weaker teams because they pay so well. Its only certain KHL teams that struggle with paying players.

I really have my doubts Gusev leaves this year, hopefully Vegas gets Dadonov. Dadonov and Shipachev have had success with skilled right handed shots both Gusev and Panarin. I would expect Marchessault to be a good fit with the Russians

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad