Rumor: Guesev coming to Vegas to join Dadanov and Ship

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Gusev plays for SKA St. Petersburg, his KHL team has no problem paying their players. Their healthy scratches are 1st line material for weaker teams because they pay so well. Its only certain KHL teams that struggle with paying players.

I really have my doubts Gusev leaves this year, hopefully Vegas gets Dadonov. Dadonov and Shipachev have had success with skilled right handed shots both Gusev and Panarin. I would expect Marchessault to be a good fit with the Russians

What about Perron? I'd prefer him on that line, since he's also tough enough to go into the corners and get the puck for the other two.

Leaving Gusev in the KHL for another year while we sort out the roster is fine with me. The key is going to be whether we can sign Dadonov, and how many years we give him on that contract. I'm hoping the allure of playing with Ship will sway him in our direction.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I don't care about Gusev. If he thinks olympics is more important than nhl he should just stay at home.

Also we already have many smurf forwards,
Marchessault 69 inches
Pulkkinen 70
Hyka 71
Leipsic 70
Campoli 71
Lechyshyn 70,75
Suzuki 71
don't need another smurf in Gusev 69.
The Vegas Golden Smurfs

Over half your list won't be making an impact in the nhl.

Gusev has over 5 seasons of pro experience.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Over half your list won't be making an impact in the nhl.

Sure, but McPhee was only active for 2 weeks, more smallish guys will come.
That's quite a 180 turn after Foley said he wants a tough and gritty team.

Gerin

Aug 15, 2010
British Columbia
Sure, but McPhee was only active for 2 weeks, more smallish guys will come.
That's quite a 180 turn after Foley said he wants a tough and gritty team.

According to eliteprospects Pittsburgh and Nashville were the 2nd and 3rd smallest teams in average height in the NHL. Size is way overrated in hockey

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
According to eliteprospects Pittsburgh and Nashville were the 2nd and 3rd smallest teams in average height in the NHL. Size is way overrated in hockey

Yup, mobility and hockey smarts are more important. I do think you need some angry size though, it is still valuable come playoff time. Having big wingers who can physically wear down opposing minute eating dman in a long series and put their big ***** right in front of the goalie is helpful. Tuch and Kolesar could fit the bill there.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
They have too many guys who they can't get rid of. Why sign new guys when they have to put others on waivers later.

The plan six months ago was to take as few people from the expansion draft as possible, then we realized we could get stuff from marginal players. Most of these guys here now won't be here in 24 months, who cares what happens after you shed the expansion draft guys that were never going to be here?

Get what you can from what you were given, and then move to build to the future. The expansion draft wasn't step one, it was step 0.5. We're still a way off.

I love the players, and I get that this is a tough time for most of them. However, I'm a fan and I want a strong team. If a few guys get shuffled around or lost to waivers, I don't mind much. Most of them are getting paid for the inconvenience. Let's get the team strong, and if we need another goalie to make the team better in a few years, let's go.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
The plan six months ago was to take as few people from the expansion draft as possible, then we realized we could get stuff from marginal players. Most of these guys here now won't be here in 24 months, who cares what happens after you shed the expansion draft guys that were never going to be here?

Get what you can from what you were given, and then move to build to the future. The expansion draft wasn't step one, it was step 0.5. We're still a way off.

I love the players, and I get that this is a tough time for most of them. However, I'm a fan and I want a strong team. If a few guys get shuffled around or lost to waivers, I don't mind much. Most of them are getting paid for the inconvenience. Let's get the team strong, and if we need another goalie to make the team better in a few years, let's go.

They might ship Shipachyov out to Florida. He's one of the oldest guys. What could they get for him?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
They might ship Shipachyov out to Florida. He's one of the oldest guys. What could they get for him?

Can't see how they'd flip Ship to Florida now, but a guy that gets more than a 1.5 points per game seems like a decent person to build around for a rebuilding team, so I guess a lot.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I was about to be upset that McPhee didn't outbid Florida for Dadonov, but at 4 mil, I am not as upset about that as I thought I would be.

Ship is much better than Dadonov imo, and even though its a one year deal, only 500k less than Ship is too much money.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I was about to be upset that McPhee didn't outbid Florida for Dadonov, but at 4 mil, I am not as upset about that as I thought I would be.

Ship is much better than Dadonov imo, and even though its a one year deal, only 500k less than Ship is too much money.

Agreed.

KenSinBin

Jul 8, 2016
LV, NV
Not sure if everybody saw the article I wrote based on my question to McPhee, but Gusev is not coming over this season. They do expect him to play with Shippy next year though.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
By expect...how certain is that? Has he blankely stated that, or more like wishful thinking?

I guess it's just semantics anyways. If Ship turns out to bust, and the team is bad, he probably stays.

Also: Vegas isn't on Kovy's list. I think it's 3 teams who are all contenders so a lot of stuff would have to fall through for even a shot at him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad