Guelph Storm 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Congrats on the win, as a Knights fan I hate to say it but I think you all are watching the OHL representative in the Memorial Cup this year! Oh and sorry it's not Guelph I'm talking about LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: StormWatcher

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Congrats on the win, as a Knights fan I hate to say it but I think you all are watching the OHL representative in the Memorial Cup this year! Oh and sorry it's not Guelph I'm talking about LOL.
If Sarnia beats Guelph, I'm hoping you're right. If you're going to get beat, it'd better be by the best. Guelph has got nothing to lose... they literally traded their top scorer to the team they are playing against. This makes it extra entertaining. It's a long shot, but so was 2019... fun to watch.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
If Sarnia beats Guelph, I'm hoping you're right. If you're going to get beat, it'd better be by the best. Guelph has got nothing to lose... they literally traded their top scorer to the team they are playing against. This makes it extra entertaining. It's a long shot, but so was 2019... fun to watch.
LOL, 2019 you had to go there didn't you? Good Luck but I think the Sting are just a bit to much for a very resilient bunch of kids in Guelph. I'm not disappointed the Knights missed you in this year's playoff ..... well so far anyway!

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
LOL, 2019 you had to go there didn't you? Good Luck but I think the Sting are just a bit to much for a very resilient bunch of kids in Guelph. I'm not disappointed the Knights missed you in this year's playoff ..... well so far anyway!
Yes, I doubt they'll repeat that performance... in 2019 we picked up Suzuki, in 2023 we traded away Pastujov and Zhilkin. I still hope they make a series of it though. A win tonight would be huge. Bring it back to Guelph to either force a game 7 or let us send them unto summer with a round of applause.

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Yes, I doubt they'll repeat that performance... in 2019 we picked up Suzuki, in 2023 we traded away Pastujov and Zhilkin. I still hope they make a series of it though. A win tonight would be huge. Bring it back to Guelph to either force a game 7 or let us send them unto summer with a round of applause.
Still I'd love to see a reverse sweep against Sarnia.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Good game by the Storm! They weren't given a chance to even win one game by most "prognosticators". If that's a word. Sting has all the offense and the Storm did a great job keeping them to the outside and slowing the pace of the game down. They found a way to win which makes them more of a threat. It doesn't get any easier . Next game is massive.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Never say die team u got. Should be very proud of the effort they put out. I knew ppl were crazy to think we'd run thru u.

Not gonna be a team to be messed with next season. 🍻

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Never say die team u got. Should be very proud of the effort they put out. I knew ppl were crazy to think we'd run thru u.

Not gonna be a team to be messed with next season. 🍻
Cheers. No shame in losing to the best team in the West. Good luck the rest of the way.

The Storm worked their asses off, they can hold their heads high.

Hoping to see a developmental step forward from Allen and Karabela next year. Will be interesting to see who they pick up in the import draft or if they fill that spot through a trade.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Guelph's 2023 1st rounder, 2 2nds and 2 3rds to the Petes for Beck and McCoy.

Karabela/Poitras/Bowman
Namestnikov/Beck/Luchanko
Zhugin/McGuire/Paquette

Buchinger/Allen
Romeo/McCoy

Bring it....

Reactions: Section5Petes

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Cheers. No shame in losing to the best team in the West. Good luck the rest of the way.

The Storm worked their asses off, they can hold their heads high.

Hoping to see a developmental step forward from Allen and Karabela next year. Will be interesting to see who they pick up in the import draft or if they fill that spot through a trade.
Might be interested in acquiring Vilmanis from sarnia next season. Sarnia will badly need to recoup picks and Vilmanis will be a beast in his 19 year old season.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Might be interested in acquiring Vilmanis from sarnia next season. Sarnia will badly need to recoup picks and Vilmanis will be a beast in his 19 year old season.
Not a bad idea, but Guelph is solid on the left side... they need a rightie or two to balance things out.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Addressed some very big needs for Guelph. Excellent offensive dman, natural knack for scoring in McFadden and crazy speed in Snelgrove. I like all three of those picks.

WJ

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Addressed some very big needs for Guelph. Excellent offensive dman, natural knack for scoring in McFadden and crazy speed in Snelgrove. I like all three of those picks.

WJ

Knowing George, these guys also likely have the work ethic. Next year being "the year" I'm excited to see who can step up and hit the ground running... in particular Beauschene... the door is open for:

Buchinger/Allen
Romeo/Beauschene ... if he can handle it. Regardless, next year looks good.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Lots of good bubble players going into next year for Guelph with these new additions, if McFadden and Snelgrove show they can earn a spot who is on the outside looking in? Do we see some summer movement?

There are two "open" competitive spots on the second line, who steps up to earn it?? Zhugin? Luchanko? ... the big fish George will trade for?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Stormwatcher I can see you looking in the mirror saying "Are you talking to me"? Storm had one hell of a great draft the fans should be proud of. :)
😆 Thanks for visiting bobber!! Can I offer you a cup of coffee? Their draft was great, I am itching for September camp to see what we've... though I don't want to wish away the summer either.

Another interesting note based solely on the orientation camp roster is that Luchanko was the only current Storm player there. He'll be expected to step up next season or will likely end up as a trade piece.

Reactions: bobber
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad