Guelph Storm 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenumbersguy

Feb 14, 2010
Anyone heading to Mississauga to get watch the first preseason game? Like to see some of the new players in actual game action, especially the first years tagged to play for us and the two imports.

thenumbersguy

Feb 14, 2010
How did Alriksson look in his first OHL game ?
He actually held his own in Mississauga. The guy is very tall and has a long reach. He seems like he doesn’t mind the rough stuff and will dish it out as well.

The other import played goal and didn’t do badly. I would say the goals that were scored on him were not a fault of his.

DB26

Aug 30, 2023
Does anyone know why Hunter McKnight did not participate in the Storm's training camp? Was he released or has he decided to not continue playing hockey.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Any word on Luchanko? He hasn't suited up the last couple of games... he was in scrimmages. Same with Quinn Beauchesne?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
What's your expectations this year for your club StormWatcher? I have Guelph as my dark horse this year to win. Like the pieces in place and the potential to add lots with the cupboards full. Would goaltending be your biggest need?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
What's your expectations this year for your club StormWatcher? I have Guelph as my dark horse this year to win. Like the pieces in place and the potential to add lots with the cupboards full. Would goaltending be your biggest need?

This is definitely a "go for it" year as we will graduate Poitras and Buchinger next year. As for goaltending, it's hard to say if that is the biggest need as I've yet to lay eyes on Slavik. Slavik is an '05 born goalie they brought over from Slovakia so you've got to think he's going to play. We'll see what numbers he puts up in the first half of the season.

They could potentially go for a F/D package deal, George likes to one-stop shop... that's why I've been high on Nelson/Wakely as a centrepiece. You are correct that Guelph has the young prospects and picks to make moves so if the team can show what they've got George will do the rest.

Unfortunately I'm not sure Sarnia/Guelph will be trading partners this year... Gaudreau is such a question mark, not sure that Guelph would gamble there.

Reactions: Ferda11

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
I wanted to ask why don’t the Guelph Storm have an assistant General Manager ?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
F/D deal?

Rehkopf / Brzustewicz just west on 7?

Be expensive, but…..
Love Hunter B.'s game but can't see this trade as a good fit for numerous reasons. I was extremely surprised at the Zhilkin trade to Kitchener, the price was too good to refuse. I doubt that George would go there with the above trade.

I think NB, PTBO or SSM could be good trading partners. Not sure where the Bulldogs will end up or if they're sellers, but there could also be options there.

Last edited:

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Anyone know why Quin Beauchesne isn't dressing tonight? He was there at the scrimmages, I haven't had a chance to get to any pre-season games but don't recall him being in the lineup? Not on the list now, but we'll see if that changes at game time.

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
Anyone know why Quin Beauchesne isn't dressing tonight? He was there at the scrimmages, I haven't had a chance to get to any pre-season games but don't recall him being in the lineup? Not on the list now, but we'll see if that changes at game time.
Played in the two Mississauga games, nothing since.

thenumbersguy

Feb 14, 2010
According to Tony Saxon, he is nursing some kind of injury

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Alriksson has been sent back to the Storm by the Canucks which isn’t surprising at all ,

He will be eligible to play the entire OHL season and hopefully with a big breakout which I expect he will if he can stay healthy make the World Junior roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad