Aug 20, 2018
Still need people for:

Barrie Colts
Flint Firebirds
Hamilton Bulldogs
Guelph Storm
Mississauga Steelheads
Windsor Spitfires
If anyone is interested in participating in a mock draft as guelph, go to the mock draft thread and let hockeynorth know.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
If this is who's off the board:
  1. Patricia - North Bay - Adam Fantilli
  2. Dog Fan - Niagara - Pano Fimis
  3. StingUpdates - Sarnia - Ty Nelson
  4. HockeyPops - Sault Ste Marie - Kocha Delic
  5. kidconko - Kingston - Donovan McCoy
  6. zaluty - Hamilton - Bryce McConnell-Barker
  7. howlman - Missisauga - Dalyn Wakely
  8. NOA - Erie - Paul Ludwinski
  9. AnonymousHockey - Barrie - Cedrick Guindon
  10. AttackSound - Owen Sound - Sam Alfano
  11. hockeynorth - Sudbury - David Goyette
  12. Voice from the north - Guelph - Aidan Castle
  13. GeneralsUpdates - Oshawa - Carson Christy
  14. TribalPhoenix - Windsor - Spencer Sova
  15. Petes - Peterborough - Hunter Haight
  16. BarberPole9 - Flint - Max Namestnikov
  17. MatthewsMoustache - Kitchener - Andrew Leblanc
  18. KingPin794 - Saginaw - Isaiah George
  19. nelli27 - London - Matthew Poitras
  20. sirius67fan - Ottawa - Justin Dezeote
  1. zaluty - Hamilton - Zak Lavoie
  2. nelli27 - London - Rutger McGroarty
  3. Petes - Peterborough - Alec Leonard
  4. Voice from the north - Guelph -
  5. nelli27 - London -
  6. sirius67fan - Ottawa -
  7. Dog Fan - Niagara -
  8. hockeynorth - Sudbury -
  9. howlman - Missisauga -
  10. Patricia - North Bay -
  11. KingPin794 - Saginaw -
  12. Voice from the north - Guelph -
  13. Dog Fan - Niagara -
  14. StingUpdates - Sarnia -
  15. Petes - Peterborough -
  16. TribalPhoenix - Windsor -
  17. AttackSound - Owen Sound -
  18. howlman - Missisauga -
  19. TribalPhoenix - Windsor -
  20. NOA - Erie -
Who would you pick?

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
So the final NHL Central Scouting rankings are out. Glad to see Nico Daws hold on to the top of the North American goaltending prospects ratings. That should be in the top three rounds. Owen Bennett is on the list but well down at 24 but if he is not drafted he has Daws' example of how to improve and be drafted later. I was a little surprised that Andrei Bakanov was not on the list as he was on earlier editions. Also, at 107, Pavel Gogolev might be a lower round pick third time around. Tony Saxon said he was surprised Luke Profaca is not on the list.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Who are your 3 OA that you keep?

This is tough because it is dependant on NHL.

Of all eligible:
Gogolev, Hillis, Daws.

Most likely:
Gogolev, Uba, Daws?

I could also see George making some good retooling trades as our OA's would be best in the league.

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Cam Hillis was nominated by the Storm as their most outstanding player this year. Certainly he was in the running but I had him just behind Daws and Gogolev in a dead heat.

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
This is just a potential situation but presents interesting possibilities. If the NHL draft is held late like after the beginning of September, does that not leave open a situation for undrafted (Gogolev, Dawes) or unsigned (Hillis) overage players to be left in limbo? Those three along with Stevenson and Uba could make some difficult decisions early on for George Burnett. A solution might be for the league to expand on a temporary basis the number of overagers that a team can carry.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Possibilities:

Gogolev/Zhilkin/Uba
Papais/Poitras/Bakanov
Maillet/Walker/McFarlane
Sikic/Karabela/Bowman

Chayka/Has
Bianconi/Hiebert
Terry/Profaca
Buchinger

Daws
Bennett

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
I like your lineup StormWatcher. It is likely close to the opening night roster. Just a couple of comments. My view is that it is more likely that Keegan Stevenson will be one of the overagers instead of Daws or Gogalev. I would see either of them traded fairly quickly like Hawel was if either was returned which is not certain. (but no objection if they are returned and stay). Also, Zhilkin seems a better fit with Bakanov (just based on their background in Russia). If Daws is not back, you might expect a more veteran goalie to help out Bennett. Maillet and Sikic are centers so if they are on the wing their transition will bear watching. Finally it will be interesting to see if there is any place for Colin Campbell or Jacob Roach on next year's roster. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: StormWatcher

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I like your lineup StormWatcher. It is likely close to the opening night roster. Just a couple of comments. My view is that it is more likely that Keegan Stevenson will be one of the overagers instead of Daws or Gogalev. I would see either of them traded fairly quickly like Hawel was if either was returned which is not certain. (but no objection if they are returned and stay). Also, Zhilkin seems a better fit with Bakanov (just based on their background in Russia). If Daws is not back, you might expect a more veteran goalie to help out Bennett. Maillet and Sikic are centers so if they are on the wing their transition will bear watching. Finally it will be interesting to see if there is any place for Colin Campbell or Jacob Roach on next year's roster. Just my thoughts.

The OA trade market will be interesting because of the pandemic. I agree that Gogolev and Daws should be dealt. Just unsure whether it will be a deadline move with the season's start as a question mark.

Stay safe everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad