Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Any guesses as to defensive pairings? Do you put Hanley with Merkley as a 4 forward/1 defence line? Or pair Haney with the rookies (Chayka and Terry) to teach/cover for them? Here is how I would start the year

Merkley/ Samorukov (see if Merkley learned how to play defence at his first NHL camp)
Lalonde/Woolley or Aguanno (I like Woolley better)
Haney/rookie
This assumes one of Chayka/Terry is in the lineup every night, which I think is the right thing for player development.
Thoughts?
I think D from SS Marie is better than Aguanno

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
I too believe e should hold back negativity until it is valid. With over a month until the 2018-19 starts we need to look at the glass being half full than half empty. Everyone has the right to state what they believe, no argument there, but negativity for negativity sake is silly. Wait until it is warranted.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Thanks for posting your thoughts. On the flip side, if more of the "good posters" such as yourself tried to contribute here, it might drown out some of the more tired, frustrating opinions that are seemingly keeping people away. Avoiding this place is really not helping the problem, nor is it helping those of us trying to squeeze in some thoughtful opinions here and there.

Personally, I think (hope) I'm being fair to this team. Do I overreact in the moment to some things? Sure, I think we all do at times. But I do try to be reasonable and to take others opinions into account, even if I may not agree. At least, I hope that 's what I am doing!

Long story short, having posters such as yourself here is better for the rest of us. I hope you keep that in mind as the season starts to ramp up, but I understand if the ship has sailed on being more regular here.

I know I've cut waaaaaay back on the posting in here because some people in this thread do nothing but complain complain complain about the team.
Now I contribute some of the negativity to the fact that the Storm were awful for two seasons and while they were decent last season they had a pretty awful finish to the regular season (won only 3 of the final 16 games, which included winning 2 of the last 3) and the fact that several players seemed to be giving less than stellar efforts.

sorry guys im just an observer, but isnt it just one guy, daily being negative?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I'm excited to see Aguanno next year. he was my 2nd fav GTHL D-man from that draft behind just Vukojevic (liked him better than Staois, Brand and Constaninou)

Reactions: RoyalCitySlicker

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
sorry guys im just an observer, but isnt it just one guy, daily being negative?

It's what I thought as well, however I wan't sure from Battfan's post whether there were more included.

It's the summer so there's not much else to discuss, I guess. At least everyone can agree on one thing, we just want Storm hockey to get started!

Reactions: StormWatcher

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
Caruso....much better..

Not sure about this Soo defenceman Caruso?

Do you mean Calisti?
#22 who played for the Nats?
He and Palandra were both good for the Nats.

My top ten D in that draft class were,
Vukojevic
Gretz
Aguanno
Constantinou
Krammer
Henry
Staios
Calisti
Ross
Brand

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Not sure about this Soo defenceman Caruso?

Do you mean Calisti?
#22 who played for the Nats?
He and Palandra were both good for the Nats.

My top ten D in that draft class were,
Vukojevic
Gretz
Aguanno
Constantinou
Krammer
Henry
Staios
Calisti
Ross
Brand
look in prospects.... Soo Thunderbirds ... Brady Caruso.... watched him last years scrimmages.. he was really solid .. strong.. skilled... fast.. bright and tough around net.... hope he gets another look... will advise him if I can to try free agent elsewhere... if he can't play here... I believe heez a fine talent ..

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
look in prospects.... Soo Thunderbirds ... Brady Caruso.... watched him last years scrimmages.. he was really solid .. strong.. skilled... fast.. bright and tough around net.... hope he gets another look... will advise him if I can to try free agent elsewhere... if he can't play here... I believe heez a fine talent ..
that would be GUELPH STORM prospects..

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
It is great that unexpected players could step up. Is the inclusion of Aguanno as a comparison based on who he would need to displace or player development?
In my case;.. based on my observations last year... and watching Aguanno last season... I would certainly have kept Caruso.....over Ag....but then .. once teams pick a player for whatever reason..some very good players come to camp and impress ... but never get an appraisal based on effort or skill or character.... go figure eh?.. the concrete is set....just my opinion..

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
In my case;.. based on my observations last year... and watching Aguanno last season... I would certainly have kept Caruso.....over Ag....but then .. once teams pick a player for whatever reason..some very good players come to camp and impress ... but never get an appraisal based on effort or skill or character.... go figure eh?.. the concrete is set....just my opinion..
basically think Caruso is a better future than some here .. wish Aguano well if he stays .. but think Caruso belongs in OHL.... enough chewing on this for me .....Ciao..

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Just recieved my season ticket package in the mail today and realized that other than the pre-season bbq there's no special events or perks for us. Yes I know we get a discount on the ticket price and free pre-season game tickets but nothing else during the season. I don't know about anyone else but this bothers me. Especially when they give other groups special rates and perks throughout the season and they only go to 1 or 2 games a year.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Just recieved my season ticket package in the mail today and realized that other than the pre-season bbq there's no special events or perks for us. Yes I know we get a discount on the ticket price and free pre-season game tickets but nothing else during the season. I don't know about anyone else but this bothers me. Especially when they give other groups special rates and perks throughout the season and they only go to 1 or 2 games a year.

No gift or autograph signing?

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
basically think Caruso is a better future than some here .. wish Aguano well if he stays .. but think Caruso belongs in OHL.... enough chewing on this for me .....Ciao..
whats your relationship to Caruso? Buddy it all depends on the assessment not repeating yourself here.

Hockeyoutsider

Aug 25, 2018
One defenseman that impressed me at the rookie camp in April and also the ohl gold cup, was luka profaca, he has great vision and was able to get the puck out of the zone, didnt look out of place in the defensive zone and played positional. Deserves a look and has potential to crack the lineup next season. Also interested in seeing golovatchev this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: storm surge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad