Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StorminNorman

Dec 3, 2015
Disappointing to hear that the Merkley-Primeau drama was in fact real and apparently words were had in NB.

I don't like the perceived attitude and effort from Merkley, but I disagree with your premise in this case.

Primeau asked for a trade - he QUIT on his teammates. He was needed to step up as a piece to take this team from the top of the junior cycle to a true contender. Primeau is simply not good enough yet (I think he will be). A true 'hockey trade' has to give value to get value; what value did we get? No player in return and two 2nds won't get an impact player to contribute.

He may have wanted out to get more playing time in his draft year. Yes, he has to look out for his own interests, but play better on a talented Storm roster and earn your time like everyone else. This is a life lesson.

I would be disappointed if there was NOT bad blood between Primeau and the Storm players. Primeau actively rejected his teammates. If that is not motivation, this team has no hope.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
I don't like the perceived attitude and effort from Merkley, but I disagree with your premise in this case.

Primeau asked for a trade - he QUIT on his teammates. He was needed to step up as a piece to take this team from the top of the junior cycle to a true contender. Primeau is simply not good enough yet (I think he will be). A true 'hockey trade' has to give value to get value; what value did we get? No player in return and two 2nds won't get an impact player to contribute.

He may have wanted out to get more playing time in his draft year. Yes, he has to look out for his own interests, but play better on a talented Storm roster and earn your time like everyone else. This is a life lesson.

I would be disappointed if there was NOT bad blood between Primeau and the Storm players. Primeau actively rejected his teammates. If that is not motivation, this team has no hope.
this brew was started before the season began..its full of previous discenchantments..I believe Primeau was amongst a group of players the Storm managed to put to sleep..he wanted out pre season....they didn't play him.. he wasn't happy..heez gone .. The malaise ..the roots of the instability are still there..this soap is still playin...IMO... the idiots are still in place... stoney grins on their faces... Cheering for you Mason..a high end future for sure.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
...his play in North Bay has been great except a little undisciplined in Guelph game which looks like that was rooted in his time in Guelph....looking for ward to his play next year

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
I’d like to see you guys shore up to have a run. What are your cupboards like?
ahhhhh huh!;...so ..the wolves are gathering.... .. proof the shepherds are either drunk or asleep..not much in the cupboards.. Lycan.. A mystical kinda handle eh?....Lets see now ... the last raid garnered 4 seconds and a couple thirds fer one B + D..no wondler yer sniffin round again..Howza bout yer best young D future and a first for a mystical..magical super duper 3rd year D..and weel throw ina coach GM.....ana baga hockey pucks.....HMMMMMMM?

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
ahhhhh huh!;...so ..the wolves are gathering.... .. proof the shepherds are either drunk or asleep..not much in the cupboards.. Lycan.. A mystical kinda handle eh?....Lets see now ... the last raid garnered 4 seconds and a couple thirds fer one B + D..no wondler yer sniffin round again..Howza bout yer best young D future and a first for a mystical..magical super duper 3rd year D..and weel throw ina coach GM.....ana baga hockey pucks.....HMMMMMMM?
Not sure what that was about but my comment had nothing to with the Wolves but rather I was commenting that I’d like to see you guys shore up and have a shot at the Knights etc. Pretty trippy post though.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
OK Sly;..gotta check my supplier... must have over indulged.... coulda sworn I saw a WOLVES logo on your post... gettin soz a feller can't even trust his shrooms anymore.... gettin my fairy tales mixed up too I guess... speakena whats in the cupboard... (Mother hubbard)..and Red Ridin Hood.. ....(wolves an all.).... don't bogart that joint ma friend..... pass it over to me..LOL.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
OK Sly;..gotta check my supplier... must have over indulged.... coulda sworn I saw a WOLVES logo on your post... gettin soz a feller can't even trust his shrooms anymore.... gettin my fairy tales mixed up too I guess... speakena whats in the cupboard... (Mother hubbard)..and Red Ridin Hood.. ....(wolves an all.).... don't bogart that joint ma friend..... pass it over to me..LOL.

C268FBFE-D634-47F4-AB82-682DA5E7ADCD.gif

2B924606-D350-4C55-9CC4-F2F6118071B5.gif

Last edited:

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Slam... poetry. Yelling! Angry! Waving my hands a LOT! Specific point of view on THINGS! Cynthia! Cyn-thi-a! Jesus died for our sin-thi-as! Jesus cried, runaway bride. Julia Roberts! Julia Rob... hurts! Cynthia! Ooh, Cynthia. You're dead. You are dead. Bop boop beep bop bop boop bop. You're dead. That's for Cynthia... who's dead.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
its alright Toto.. we'll just keep following these nice golden road stones..and hope for the best..

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Stellar performance once again by our favourite defenseman ending his night at the 4 minute mark with a defensive zone turnover a goal- for the other team, then a special temper tantrum on the bench and breaking his stick. Though it wasn't a good performance by the team in general tonight. Just sick and tired of him. He needs to be moved on, I don't care where just gone. Actually Merkley and Burnett need to vacate the premises. End of my rant.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
What's the latest on Woolley?
Larry says Wooly is likely back next weekend.

Hillis served his 2nd of his 2 game suspension. Hawel out with the flu.

Ralph blocked a shot and left the game in pain 8 minutes into the 3rd... hope he's O.K.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Stellar performance once again by our favourite defenseman ending his night at the 4 minute mark with a defensive zone turnover a goal- for the other team, then a special temper tantrum on the bench and breaking his stick. Though it wasn't a good performance by the team in general tonight. Just sick and tired of him. He needs to be moved on, I don't care where just gone. Actually Merkley and Burnett need to vacate the premises. End of my rant.
BINGO!

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Chatter over on other board and OHL "Insiders" FWIW about offer on the table for DiPietro of Bertuzzi, "a goalie", 2 2nds and 2 3rds.

I would not mind watching him steal games for that price even if we don't win. Primeau was > Bertuzzi.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Would love to know what SJ thinks of their #1 pick today- he's just not getting it.

Probably glee. A player with the talent of Merkley soon learning from being around Burns & Karlsson every day ... perfect ‘storm’

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Would love to know what SJ thinks of their #1 pick today- he's just not getting it.
although a previous post has it probably right..Tha San Jos. would never agree to it..I believe many have come as frwds and become def...but far fewer D to forwards I guess.... this kid is hugely mis handled by Mgmt... heez WAYYY over his head asa D....Too much area to master..plus his immaturity....IMO he could (again I say this).. I believe cutting down his area of responsibility and having a couple strong mobile real D behind him could lead to a great future ..heez not a defenceman.;...but "could" be an all time scoring points forward ..maybe even carry Marners skates for him some day.... Sorry to see him so feebly foolishly ..represented by his team mgmt and NHL club.,.. I want to see him succeed;..but its lookin bad..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad