Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Carlucci

Mar 23, 2019
So, How confident are Guelph Fans that they can pull out an OHL Championship on home ice. Watching this series and seeing every minute of this game I can honestly say. Guelph is too much to handle for the 67’s. This team is too good and with the depth scoring they are receiving now. Who knows if anyone in the CHL can stop them. Game 6 will be interesting but I think this series is finished on Sunday @ 2:00pm. I hope I’m wrong though I really want to go to Ottawa for Game 7.

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
So, How confident are Guelph Fans that they can pull out an OHL Championship on home ice. Watching this series and seeing every minute of this game I can honestly say. Guelph is too much to handle for the 67’s. This team is too good and with the depth scoring they are receiving now. Who knows if anyone in the CHL can stop them. Game 6 will be interesting but I think this series is finished on Sunday @ 2:00pm. I hope I’m wrong though I really want to go to Ottawa for Game 7.

The hardest win is the 4th in a series (ask London, Saginaw and the Raptors) I'm hoping for a win Sunday, but Ottawa didn't luck into #1 in the OHL this year- they earned it. They'll come out hard on Sunday. Guelph will have to bring their A game if they want to close it out.

Reactions: storm surge

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Soooo, I used to follow the O through the Hockey News back in the day and would hit a Jr Red Wings or Whalers game occasionally. Saw a couple games in Ontario in the late 90's early 00's. Five years ago it was announced Flint would be getting the Whalers. Basically the dream hockey situation for me and many Flint hockey fans. I was all in and immediately revived a much more intense following of the OHL and HFBoards. Over that time its become clear that nearly all OHL fanbases on HFBoards are fairly knowledgeable and polite with the occasional moron (we've all got at least one except Kingston who don't have any of anything on here) and the odd troll or two. Or three. Or four. During the five playoff runs I've followed on here I don't think I've seen any fanbase do less trolling than Guelph. The lack of obnoxious, arrogant, over confident posts from the Storm fanbase seems noticeable to me. Sure, there's pride and support and pointing out positive facts and opinions but it sure seems less harsh than usual. Good luck Sunday and a big thanks for taking care of Saginaw.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
I'm cautiously optimistic
I'll be incredibly nervous all game tomorrow
They gotta wrap this up tomorrow dont want to lose at home then go back to Ottawa for Game 7

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
I'm cautiously optimistic
I'll be incredibly nervous all game tomorrow
They gotta wrap this up tomorrow dont want to lose at home then go back to Ottawa for Game 7
"Why not"?..there's a stranda good stuff runnin through the dna of this team in Guelph..let the opposition fret about it.... Go Storm Go..

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Another OS fan here.. all I want to say is best of luck today! Hopefully they can shut down the 67’s and book their spot to the Mem Cup! Have been routing for you since OS got put out. Its been a magical ride with some of the craziest ups and downs but good teams find ways to win and they have been doing that, so go get that championship!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I know Burnett took some flack throughout the season but to me you have to give him a lot of credit. Poised and professional, definitely looks like he commands respect. Man I remember talking to him when he took over the Niagara Falls Thunder and turned them around after they were a train wreck under Bill Laforge.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
Congrats to Nick, Sean, Markus, Zach, and the rest of the Guelph Storm and their fans! Truly a championship built on heart and determination!! A whole new meaning to the words come back!!! Well done!!!:thumbu:

Reactions: MartinSkoulYa

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
8 3 Storm with one empty net goal. 2 minutes to go. George Burnett beats Ottawa again at the helm of the Storm 21 years later.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
As a Bulldogs fan, very happy for Hanley and Entwistle getting another shot at the Mem Cup.

Absolutely fantastic run. Tap of the stick to the Storm.

Good luck in Halifax next week Guelph. This is their 6th trip to the Memorial Cup, that’s impressive.

Reactions: Canadian Game

IceCube

Mar 20, 2014
Congrats to the Storm on their comeback series win over the 67’s.
Interesting note: Guelph had 11 players in their lineup obtained by trades and Ottawa seven. (Unless I missed one)

Note to GM’s, you can only get to the Mem Cup by making ‘many’ intelligent trades.

Good luck in Halifax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad