Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Maybe just start calling them the Platers again and both fan bases can back them!

There are a great number of us Attack fans cheering for the Storm . I've watched almost every game and really got to know the Storm.

These guys can dominate a game. In Owen Sound , we all knew how good Nick was, he's elevated his game even further.

Popovich has been on fire.

Thanks for letting us jump on board.
It's been a real fun playoffs , I have no doubt you guys will be celebrating soon .

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
There are a great number of us Attack fans cheering for the Storm . I've watched almost every game and really got to know the Storm.

These guys can dominate a game. In Owen Sound , we all knew how good Nick was, he's elevated his game even further.

Popovich has been on fire.

Thanks for letting us jump on board.
It's been a real fun playoffs , I have no doubt you guys will be celebrating soon .

I would say "There are a number of great Attack fans cheering for the Storm"
I've always had high regards for OS teams and their supporters. Glad to have you with us on this playoff run.

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
I keep reading posts here and on the Ottawa boards about Andree being just a backup goalie. Not sure if everyone is accidentally or by purpose forgetting that Andree was the number 1 goalie for the first half of the season and with him and his backup got the Ottawa team into 1st place. Depietro didn't start playing full time until after the Juniors. Why is everyone saying that Ottawa is playing more defensively to "make up or help out" the "backup"? IMO Andree is a far better goalie than Depietro is this year.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I keep reading posts here and on the Ottawa boards about Andree being just a backup goalie. Not sure if everyone is accidentally or by purpose forgetting that Andree was the number 1 goalie for the first half of the season and with him and his backup got the Ottawa team into 1st place. Depietro didn't start playing full time until after the Juniors. Why is everyone saying that Ottawa is playing more defensively to "make up or help out" the "backup"? IMO Andree is a far better goalie than Depietro is this year.
Dipietro was playing very well on this playoff run and was making the timely saves as required. Andree admits he is very nervous due to lack of experience in pressure filled games and it is showing.

Guelph is a team with a lot of experienced playoff vets and it shows. Dipietro had this type of resume and he was rounding in to form after some trying times during the season.

Andree was a very good goalie during the season but the lack of playoff experience is showing. The two games in Guelph were not real good but last night he looked a little better. Unfortunately time is running out for adjustments.

Reactions: 67hockeyfan

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Pretty much always has been. Look at the times the East has won recently...where did the teams get their players from that put them over the top? The West

That probably has more to do with preferring to send prospects & picks out of conference rather than build up a team in conference or worse, division. Before big deals with OS, Guelph traded 2001 born to NB, KGN (2), Ham, and Merkley to Petes for needed picks. Saginaw traded for four Missy players and Barrie’s captain.
For the last couple seasons, the conferences have been pretty even up until the deadline at least. Only 5-8 teams in the league matter after that.
The important thing is the storm making it possible for me to cash in on an improbable bet. 11 of the past 12 ohl champions were seeded #1 in their conference.

malarkey

Oct 13, 2013
The Soo
Lots of Hounds fans cheering on the Storm too....it was difficult for me in the Storm/Spirit series as the Spirit has been my "alternate" team for some years but I loved the "comeback" story against London (who didn't?????) and thought it would be cool for them to pull it off again against the Spirit. I never like when the pundits and media crown a champion before the playoffs even start....plus you have Liam Hawel and Keegan Stevenson and their Soo connections!!! So go get 'em, Storm!!!

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Dipietro was playing very well on this playoff run and was making the timely saves as required. Andree admits he is very nervous due to lack of experience in pressure filled games and it is showing.

Guelph is a team with a lot of experienced playoff vets and it shows. Dipietro had this type of resume and he was rounding in to form after some trying times during the season.

Andree was a very good goalie during the season but the lack of playoff experience is showing. The two games in Guelph were not real good but last night he looked a little better. Unfortunately time is running out for adjustments.

Dipietro is not a big playoff vet.
Never won a playoff series in windsor.

Reactions: Noofgoof

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Lots of Hounds fans cheering on the Storm too....it was difficult for me in the Storm/Spirit series as the Spirit has been my "alternate" team for some years but I loved the "comeback" story against London (who didn't?????) and thought it would be cool for them to pull it off again against the Spirit. I never like when the pundits and media crown a champion before the playoffs even start....plus you have Liam Hawel and Keegan Stevenson and their Soo connections!!! So go get 'em, Storm!!!
lived on Grace st. in Soo once.. my alt fave team is Soo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad