Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Congratulations to the Storm and all their fans. When you've come back from 3-0 and 3-1 deficits to win in game 7, that's no fluke. You've legitimately earned the Western Championship. Best of luck vs the 67's.

Reactions: zman77

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Well done boys. Saginaw was a class act the whole series and Tristan Lennox will be an anchor for the Spirit for a few years to come. A very clean series and much respect between opposing fans on this board - no chirping back and forth from what I’ve seen and both sides let the teams play the game - very refreshing.

Now pull the plugs on the 3/4 turn and take it the rest of the way!

Last edited:

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Congrats! wow this team is tough to beat!
gotta bitta the rocky in em..down but hard to finish...... thats 4 straight....4 straight after down 3...and 3 straight from down 3-1..ya ... I'd say that's pretty darned hard ta beat.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Don't count those chickens OMG before they hatch
Well you guys can just count the eggs you laid during the playoffs. We have heard it all, London was better, same for Niagara, Oshawa will take us out and also Sudbury.

No disrepect to Guelp but I think Ottawa will prevail, can't a team be allowed to just have great season.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Well you guys can just count the eggs you laid during the playoffs. We have heard it all, London was better, same for Niagara, Oshawa will take us out and also Sudbury.

No disrepect to Guelp but I think Ottawa will prevail, can't a team be allowed to just have great season.
Analyser it all means nothing if you lose in the end. Get your licks in now.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

Newsflash - people can cheer for Guelph and/or be excited about their series' and comebacks and it doesn't take anything away from Ottawa.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Great job so far, lads!

I have crow to eat and kudos to dole out, however this team isn't finished yet.

Now for the battle we all wanted to see Mikey vs. Poppy :)

Good luck in Ottawa....whether you come back 0-2 or 1-1, you'll have the 67s right where you want them....just don't come back 2-0 ;)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Newsflash - people can cheer for Guelph and/or be excited about their series' and comebacks and it doesn't take anything away from Ottawa.

Agreed.

That said, I think there is loads of room to point out Guelph’s misgivings too. To get an opportunity to come back from large deficits, you need to first ring up the large deficit. I’ve never been one to give a lot of credit to teams that come back from a large deficit. You won four in a row after losing three in a row. Maybe it’s exciting, sure. Although it is impressive, it is also not impressive losing the first half of the series either.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
It will be interesting to see the plan Tourigny has to shut down the Suzuki presence. HE is clearly the top player in the playoffs. Plus the scoring coming from the back end spreads out the distribution of the puck and creates more holes. This should be a good test for the Ottawa defense, at least for the first 5 man unit. I’m curious to see who Tourigny will put out against them. Bahl will get the nod on defence. I think Chmelevski will get the nod at centre. We may see a slightly different line combination though.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017

ya but ...maybe this is just the "fat ladys' team.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Way to go Storm. Nice win for the team and the fans. Glad that former Attackers helped contribute to the West Championship. Continue to make Attack fans proud.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Agreed.

That said, I think there is loads of room to point out Guelph’s misgivings too. To get an opportunity to come back from large deficits, you need to first ring up the large deficit. I’ve never been one to give a lot of credit to teams that come back from a large deficit. You won four in a row after losing three in a row. Maybe it’s exciting, sure. Although it is impressive, it is also not impressive losing the first half of the series either.

giphy.gif

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
Seriously it was fortunate that the Saginaw goalie got suspended, let’s be real Ottawa is facing the runner up who would never had won if the suspension never happened.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Agreed.

Trust me, we Guelph fans have pointed out defecits all season long, we don't need you to remind us... nor do we ignore them when we get excited about a win.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Seriously it was fortunate that the Saginaw goalie got suspended, let’s be real Ottawa is facing the runner up who would never had won if the suspension never happened.
I disagree. The young goalie was great. Saginaw was a good team but just never really did enough to put them over the top. The Storm needs to play motivated hockey and they can challenge any team IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad