Movies: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
That's well-done and well-written, but they really shouldn't have had Sean Gunn (James' brother) sign it.

I don't know about whether he should or shouldn't have, but it stands out like a sore thumb against the real stars of the movies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That's well-done and well-written, but they really shouldn't have had Sean Gunn (James' brother) sign it.

Personally I'm waiting for these guys to weigh in:

011_WWE-Encyclopedia2809-1108625092-1

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I get the irony, but it's not an exact fit because Roseanne said those things while her show on ABC was still on the air.

Maybe, but should someone get pass for saying extremely vulgar, offensive, and disturbing things on social media just because it was several years back?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Maybe. I don't know the proper way to do a 21st century version of a mob lynching.

Perhaps we should be more open to offering second chances.

And also maybe social media is something more and more people need to just stay away from.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
This Mob Mentality is gross, but also interesting how we all condemn it, but also love it when it is for a cause that we specifically support.

I hope as time goes on, we all are more accepting of change. We all want people to see how we've changed, without granting other people that same room for growth

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Maybe, but should someone get pass for saying extremely vulgar, offensive, and disturbing things on social media just because it was several years back?

Yes. Particularly if they weren't working for their present employer at the time and had provided an unsolicited apology years earlier.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Yes. Particularly if they weren't working for their present employer at the time and had provided an unsolicited apology years earlier.

I doubt anyone can argue Disney handled this well, but they are the employer and can fire any of their employees for something they feel hurts their brand, old or recent

People can say/tweet whatever they want without fear of incarceration. That does not mean their employer can't fire them.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I doubt anyone can argue Disney handled this well, but they are the employer and can fire any of their employees for something they feel hurts their brand, old or recent

People can say/tweet whatever they want without fear of incarceration. That does not mean their employer can't fire them.

things said during enmployment? absolutely.

I have an issue with discipline for things said before any association with the company. If they were that big of an issue for Disney, then they shouldn't have hired him in the 1st place. If it isnt bad enough to prevent you from being hired, it shouldn't then be used as a reason to fire.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
things said during enmployment? absolutely.

I have an issue with discipline for things said before any association with the company. If they were that big of an issue for Disney, then they shouldn't have hired him in the 1st place. If it isnt bad enough to prevent you from being hired, it shouldn't then be used as a reason to fire.

That's a valid point. If Disney knew about these tweets long ago, they should have considered them before hiring him instead of hoping they'd never reappear. That said, they are out there now and they perceive those tweets as hurting their brand as being a family company. They're allowed to take whatever action they feel necessary to protect their image.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I don't know about whether he should or shouldn't have, but it stands out like a sore thumb against the real stars of the movies.
So he is less of a star, in these movies, that Vin Diesel who only says I am Groot over and over? At least you see him as a character on top of doing Rockets mocap.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3’ Pre-Production Crew Dismissed As Project Goes On Hold

This usually means they have a new director in place and he has his own people. Judging by the statements of some of the crew---they were loyal to Gunn--this could also be a warning shot to the actors as well

eh, at this point the actors hold the power not the studio in that head 2 head fight.

Each actor is firmly established as that character, no way the studio could succeed with recasting a role now

Reactions: Nullus Reverentia

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
eh, at this point the actors hold the power not the studio in that head 2 head fight.

Each actor is firmly established as that character, no way the studio could succeed with recasting a role now
Yeah... I'm going to disagree.

This is Disney we're talking about here, if anyone has power it's them. They're getting back 2 different IP's with an group cast that can be put into space (F4, XMen) & Feige has said Phase 4 is going to be the start of a new MCU. With the snap they could make all the Guardians dusting stick.

Obviously this would be Marvel's first big L & could throw a big wrench into things but they aren't really painted into a corner here. They could drop the franchise & still print money.

In Feige we trust

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
If they tried to replace the cast they would need to go with bigger stars than what they currently have which would destroy the budget:
Ex.
Batista -> rock
Chris Pratt -> idk Matt Damon (lol)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah... I'm going to disagree.

This is Disney we're talking about here, if anyone has power it's them. They're getting back 2 different IP's with an group cast that can be put into space (F4, XMen) & Feige has said Phase 4 is going to be the start of a new MCU. With the snap they could make all the Guardians dusting stick.

Obviously this would be Marvel's first big L & could throw a big wrench into things but they aren't really painted into a corner here. They could drop the franchise & still print money.

In Feige we trust

Disney's not painted into a corner, but their whole reason for existing is to make money. Ostracizing an extremely popular cast for taking a moral stand and burying the franchise would hurt both their brand and their pocketbook needlessly. Probably not something they want to pursue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad