Grubauer vs Francouz

Grubauer vs Francouz

• Total voters

SD Avs Fan

Jul 1, 2019
This hasn't really been discussed very much on here but which of these two will be #1 by the end of the year? I think it is going to be up being Francouz as I think he is the better goalie and talent will win out in the end. I just think Gru is kind of stuck in the mediocre zone but Pavel can be more than that IMO.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I think Grubauer is the pretty clear #1 this year. Nothing against Francouz, but Grubauer was fantastic in the playoffs before he got hurt. In 56 games, it’ll probably be a 32/24 type split. Both guys are good, and they’ll want to keep both fresh.

Reactions: MarkT

Anders Cain

Formerly JordoMack
Jul 7, 2018
Nova Scotia
I think both goalies can flash with great play by times. They work well as a tandem but I don't think either are gonna set themselves apart imo

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
They’ve both been solid during the regular season, but Grubauer was the better goalie in the playoffs. Hopefully they can both stay healthy.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Grubauer has the longer track record and showed he can be really good in the playoffs two seasons ago. I think it will be him between the pipes come playoff time.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
Grub will be number 1 and will be fine and Frankie will do great in backup role expect similar stats as last year for him.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Grubi is still the 1G. It would take a lot for Francouz to overcome that, I'm comfortable with that as the tandem, and ideally in the playoffs we'll ride our #1 all the way through four rounds.

Reactions: LTC Pain

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Grubauer has the stats and the track record to get my vote. I love Frankie though and would be happy if he improved his play enough to steal the starting job. Either way, we still have two starter-quality goalies, so we should be happy about that.

SD Avs Fan

Jul 1, 2019
Gru was not particularly sharp in his first appearance. I am guessing Francouz will get the start in game 2.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Frankie is not a #1 goaltender. Never was, and never will be.

Grubauer is a #1, but IMO he's not a particularly good one. If the Avs want to have any success this year, they're going to have to do it with league average goaltending.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Lost my hope for Frenchman in the playoffs. Gruuuuuuu

Yeah the fact that I felt more comfortable with Hutch than Frankie in the playoffs speaks volumes. Gru for me.

You guys understand Francouz was playing injured during the playoffs right? If it wasn't for the playoffs and Grubauer already getting hurt Frank wouldn't have even been dressing for those games let alone playing.

Reactions: PAZ and McMetal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad