World Cup: Group H: Poland vs. Colombia, 6/24/2018

Result?

• Total voters

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Well deserved goal. Poland is a disappointment.

P.S. Still not a single 0-0 game at the tournament. Impressive.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Colombia will have so much space now for counters. Poland is on the verge of being eliminated.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Great atmosphere in the stadium. This is looking like a Colombia home game.
I know, right. Kind of surprised that the Colombians have the majority here. They had to come all the way across the pond to Russia. Kudos to their fans though.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Poland look really bad as far as UEFA qualifiers are concerned. It's difficult to see a player on that team that is worth watching other than Lewandowski (who plays a position brutally dependent on help from teammates).

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010

Most of the games featuring South American teams have been. They're far more passionate about their national teams than others, in my experience.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yerry and Sanchez looking like a solid pairing. I wanted Barca to sign Sanchez ahead of Spurs. Would have been interesting to see us get both. Of course Yerry may be gone soon. Either way have to wish him only the best st this point no matter what. Seems like a very down to earth and genuinely fun and nice guy.

They are everywhere. When Barca presented Yerry it was like they were presenting Coutinho instead.

we're speaking English here, it's Colombia in English.

:facepalm:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Most of the games featuring South American teams have been. They're far more passionate about their national teams than others, in my experience.

It's really interesting to me because we didn't see Latin American fans travel like this for the 2006 or 2010 World Cups (2014 of course being in South America itself). I wonder if it's the lack of ticket sales in Europe (due to the political climate) that allowed them to buy tickets en masse.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
ugh,. I hate that the third games are at the same time.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Say thanks to Germany and Austria.

Let's not act like that wouldn't happen in a similar scenario involving other nations. Heck, even with the parallel games now there's room for shenanigans (and people can say what they want, I'll go to my death bed thinking Sweden-Denmark in 2004 was a fix).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad