World Cup: Group G: Tunisia vs. England, 6/18/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
BAH. What a terrible play to give them that corner.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
They would've been better off drawing this game because now this moron will probaby just start Young again who's awful and start Trippier/Walker who are redundant to both have on. Why he refused to put on a second striker when they were relying on crosses I don't understand, you have Vardy sitting on the bench and f***ing Sterling plays like 60+ minutes.

Also I thought the point of starting Henderson over Dier was because Henderson would link up the play...I refuse to believe that because he played so f***ing deep as basically a fourth CB. I don't see Dier refusing to get involved in the offense as Henderson did. Just a disappointing performance against what seemed like a really weak team, saved by Harry Kane.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Yes! I was rooting for them to go all the way before the game. England is the closest thing the US will ever have to a World Cup team.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Raising Kane...2 big ones today when no one else in an England shirt could finish.

Big win! Harry Maguire is an important maurading central defender...going to be needed to break down the Panamanians as well.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They would've been better off drawing this game because now this moron will probaby just start Young again who's awful and start Trippier/Walker who are redundant to both have on. Why he refused to put on a second striker when they were relying on crosses I don't understand, you have Vardy sitting on the bench and ****ing Sterling plays like 60+ minutes.

Also I thought the point of starting Henderson over Dier was because Henderson would link up the play...I refuse to believe that because he played so ****ing deep as basically a fourth CB. I don't see Dier refusing to get involved in the offense as Henderson did. Just a disappointing performance against what seemed like a really weak team, saved by Harry Kane.

Henderson created the first chance of the game (which should have been a goal) and had a great shot early as well. Tunisia also never got past him, which was what Southgate wanted. If that's what the manager wanted, he followed instructions very well.

There's no way he's being dropped.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Really hope Alli is fit for next game. Looked like our best player before he pulled some muscle.

Sterling should be benched.

Entire backline needs restructuring. No more Walker at CB.

Kane probably would have scored four if not for that knob of a ref.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Listening to Rio Ferdinand and the rest of the BBC team talking about how teams are going to fear facing England later in the tournament after that performance was hilarious.

Typically jammy bastards.

Reactions: Suiteness and Evilo

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
That was a boring low quality game again, England was bad but at least they tried to play, Tunisia simply didn't try anything and since Kane should have had an obvious penalty scored it's all ok. England are getting hammered by the first decent team they play though for sure.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Okay, I've changed my stance. I am willing to give Walker another chance as a RCB. But that is only because I thought Trippier did very well today, and we lack good set-piece takers apart from him and Young (who I hope not to see a minute more of).

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Deffo take the 3 points, should've been up 3-0 in the first 30 mins if we were clinical with our chances, 2nd half wasn't great but a win's a win.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
I didn't think Young was terrible, he just isn't what England need down that side. He always either turns out or comes inside, he never goes past the fullback onto his left foot. They need somebody to do the same kind of job Trippier is doing on the right, so the LB needs to be left footed.

Henderson looked good for the first 30 minutes. Not sure why he suddenly started playing sideways or backwards so much. I do think it might have been more down to the lack of movement/interchange between Sterling/Lingard/Ali than something lacking in Henderson. Its hard to go forward to static players.

Once Ali picked up that knock all the dynamism from the 3 behind Kane stopped and they got very stationary. Ali's lack of ability to sprint also made the high press impossible because there was always an out into the gap Ali would have been filling.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The fact that England hasn't finished higher than 4th when playing at the WC outside of England might be the most pathetic football related factoid.
AND EC.
Basically any international competition of note.
They reached the semis once outside England.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
AND EC.
Basically any international competition of note.
They reached the semis once outside England.
That says it all.

While a small nation like Holland made the 1/2 or finals 10 times. 1974 1978 1998 2010 2014 WC 1976 1988 1992 2000 2004 Euro

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
The first round of matches so far does seem to confirm the suspicion that outside UEFA and CONMEBOL only Mexico are a credible team.

Based on the teams from the other confederations that I've watched that's a fair comment.

The concern would be that non-European or South American teams only tend to do well when they've had a fast start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad