World Cup: Group G: England vs. Belgium, Panama vs. Tunisia; 6/28/2018

Who finishes first?

• Total voters

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Would’ve preferred our chances against japan more than against Colombia, oh well will continue to support the boys and hope they can win a knockout match for the first time since 2006.

brian70

Jul 8, 2012
I’m not sure this is such a bad result for England. They end up on a weaker side with Colombia, Swi/Swe, Esp/Cro as opposed to Japan, Brazil, Fra/Arg/Por/Uru. Reminds me of Portugal’s position in last Euro.

cujo1117

Mar 30, 2018
thats the best chance for england to make to the semis... if they manage to beat colombia...wont be easy colombia have a better squad but you never know

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
I’m not sure this is such a bad result for England. They end up on a weaker side with Colombia, Swi/Swe, Esp/Cro as opposed to Japan, Brazil, Fra/Arg/Por/Uru. Reminds me of Portugal’s position in last Euro.

I really don't see it as being much weaker though. I would pick Croatia, Spain and Colombia over England.

Momentum is important in these tournaments too. England now has to regain there's whereas Belgium is still flying.

Anything can happen though.

Last edited:

brian70

Jul 8, 2012
I really don't see it as being much weaker though. I would pick Croatia, Spain and Colombia over England.

Momentum is important in these tournaments too. England now has to regain there's whereas Belgium is still flying.
I’ve seen too many italian squads barely making it to the next round only to then become unbeatable. Portugal did the same in Euro. I will bet on England to reach semis against Spa/Cro.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I’ve seen too many italian squads barely making it to the next round only to then become unbeatable. Portugal did the same in Euro. I will bet on England to reach semis against Spa/Cro.

You shouldn't. There is too much evidence to suggest they will struggle even against the likes of Sweden.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Oh man, the clowns on the TSN radio network are all over this! " Good job England! Mission Accomplished! They get the result that they needed!" Blablabla

Now I sit back and watch England get completly reamed by a vastly technically and tactically superior side.

You've got to shake your head at a team that hasn't won an elimination game at any tournament in 12 years strategically losing in order to give themselves a tougher opponent in their first elimination game at this one.

Reactions: NyQuil

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You've got to shake your head at a team that hasn't won an elimination game at any tournament in 12 years strategically losing in order to give themselves a tougher opponent in their first elimination game at this one.

I don't think they strategically lost. They just sucked.

That makes it even worse.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lol, what a troll loss by England. Rose sucks, put Trippier back in.

Beautiful strike though by Januzaj. England should not lose to Colombia, they're my favourite SA nation so I got nothing against them, but they're very top heavy with an extremely average goalkeeper. England has a great chance to get to the Final Four, but I might be undervaluing how good the Suisse have been.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Beautiful strike though by Januzaj.

Trippier got a knock against Panama and plays on the opposite flank. Rose's competition is Young. Whom I'd start him over. He actually provided something on that left flank. Got past defenders or drew fouls. Had some good interceptions/tackles in the defensive end too. Sadly people will only remember one specific mistake.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Trippier got a knock against Panama and plays on the opposite flank. Rose's competition is Young. Whom I'd start him over. He actually provided something on that left flank. Got past defenders or drew fouls. Had some good interceptions/tackles in the defensive end too. Sadly people will only remember one specific mistake.
Wow, Young and Rose and no team decided to focus on that side of the pitch? Who's the winger covering them because if it's Sterling that would be hilarious.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

Beautiful strike though by Januzaj. England should not lose to Colombia, they're my favourite SA nation so I got nothing against them, but they're very top heavy with an extremely average goalkeeper. England has a great chance to get to the Final Four, but I might be undervaluing how good the Suisse have been.
Is this a comment about England or Colombia?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad