Euro: Group F: Hungary vs. France, 6/19/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Excellent wakeup call for France.
It's the only game they could afford to drop points in.
Nothing to blame on the D and Lloris. Digne was particularly good.
Pavard, what can I say, he directly cost a goal. He has nothing to do starting for our NT.
The midfield was fine and you could see that once we got back to 2 MFers, we were unbalanced and unable to take the ball back high up the pitch (like we did when we had 3).
Griez had a poor game but scored the goal. He'll get a pass.
Mbappe had a great play on the header (can't blame him it's inches wide) and on that tremendous class pass to Benz.
Benz who sucked, it must be said. Nothing positive for him this game. At this rate, Giroud will take his place back.
Dembele brought a lot tactically with his 1 on 2 NBA style. Only got by once, but what a class move, too bad it was on the post. He has injured his heel apparently.
Lemar, Tolisso and Giroud didn't bring anything, nor had the chance to.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Maybe beside Belgium all nations had much stronger teams in their history. A bit offtopic. Someone from Brazil here who can explain the decline of Brazil football? There was times where even the 2nd Brazl team had chance to win the World Cup.
The Brazil team was better than 2014's.
Uruguay had a tremendous team too.
Croatia best team in their history.

:dunno:

Reactions: Power Man

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Dembele was not heel, it was behind his knee.
Hungary could have scored on Portugal at 0-0. And got scored on at the 85th.
This is not a weak team.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Maybe beside Belgium all nations had much stronger teams in their history. A bit offtopic. Someone from Brazil here who can explain the decline of Brazil football? There was times where even the 2nd Brazl team had chance to win the World Cup.
Their pumping out talents with the best of them now

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
For all their talent France sure is incapable of playing an attractive game. They really have no clue out there. Haven’t been impressed for years, despite their winning records.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not really, it's a pretty general consensus among a lot of fans.

edit: foreign fans at least
Really? The consensus is that they're unimpressive?

Maybe you need to consider what your fellow "fans" are.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Though I do know Belgian fans have never gone over their defeat because they had possession.

Poor them.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
No that they're not playing as attractive as they could with their talent

edit: man for how many years are you gonna keep bringing up that Belgium game :laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But that's not what's written. "haven't been impressed, despite their winning records".

And as a fan of "spanish football", you saying that even though Spain made everyone sleep through the 2010 WC is funny.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
They scored 14 goals, fine, that doesn't really change my opinion however. They scored most of those goals in two games against teams with shitty defences playing wide open football. Almost all other games they were boring imo. They were good/strong/effectieve, but still boring.
I'd like to see them in the hands of a coach who just unleashes all that talent instead of containing it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They've been very impressive...I don't think everyone appreciates just how well they can defend & counter...but calling them unattractive in a lot of matches is not unfair.

Last edited:
Reactions: AB13

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Also fun is that evven when we're playing against f***ING HUNGARY, we still have a guy born in France and learning his football in France playing against us. This time Loic Nego.
We'll face french players in every single of the 3 group stage games.
Who on the German team is French?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Leroy Sane.

The kid who's german mother gave birth to him in germany and who grew up playing in germany until he was bought by an EPL team as a senior international is actually french? I get that he could have played for france, but come on man. Sane wasn't born in france & didn't learn his football in france.

This isn't even like Musiala, who has played for both English & German youth NTs before, who started to play in germany (where he was born to a german mother) but then spent 9 years in english academies, and has said in interviews that he feels both nations in his heart. Sane is just a kid born & raised in germany, who learned his football in the german football system...which is why he sucks...

Last edited:
Reactions: AB13

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The kid who's german mother gave birth to him in germany and who grew up playing in germany until he was bought by an EPL team as a senior international is actually french? I get that he could have played for france, but come on man. Sane wasn't born in france & didn't learn his football in france.

This isn't even like Musiala, who has played for both English & German youth NTs before, who started to play in germany (where he was born to a german mother) but then spent 9 years in english academies, and has said in interviews that he feels both nations in his heart. Sane is just a kid born & raised in germany, who learned his football in the german football system...which is why he sucks...
You know that's a joke right?

Reactions: cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You don’t get to have it both ways. He was born in Germany. Grew up in Germany. Learned football in Germany. You can’t complain about players on other teams who were born/raised in France and then pull that card.
I was joking but since you make that argument I'll remind you nobody has a problem with that here.
Of course Sane is German since he's born in Germany and learnt his football in Germany.
That doesn't prevent you and others to deny my point about the legions of players playing for African nations, Spain, or even f***ing Hungary.
So YOU can't have it both ways.

Anyway it was an obvious joke but I guess I should have put a smiley on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad