Euro: Group E: Sweden vs. Slovakia, 6/18/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Olsson slowed the game down so much in midfield. Sweden have been the much better team since he went off.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
As a Czech, does one want Slovakia to do well or do poorly? I can't imagine there being too much of a rivalry in football given that the teams aren't really competing a lot directly against each other, but some 'bad blood' must exist just from being neighbors and the 'divorce'?
You would think most Czech’s cheer for Slovakia when not playing against each other, just because the ”divorce” was so recent that they have family and relatives on both side of the border imo.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Too bad, I thought Slovakia could get 'er done, but after that goal I'm not sure I see it happening

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ooof, Kevin Kilbane (TSN's Irish commentator) is not impressed with Sweden.

"I'd watch 22 chipmunks kicking a ball around a field, but I have serious problems watching Sweden, because of the way that they play, the way they line up..."

LOL, the anchor.

"It's not their job to be enjoyable for you to watch, Kevin."

Reactions: maclean

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011

I wonder what he has to say about the Irish performance during the tournament... oh.

The Swedish people are happy about the performance, and they just cashed in 3 important points. I think that’s what matters the most.

Reactions: JBeast

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dortmund still have a 30M buyback clause.
They seem to be working on bringing Malen in. With Haaland there for another year, I dunno that they'd trigger that clause to bring him back this season. Can see them triggering it to sell him for more themselves, or triggering it & sending him back to sociedad on loan for a year though.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

"I'd watch 22 chipmunks kicking a ball around a field, but I have serious problems watching Sweden, because of the way that they play, the way they line up..."

LOL, the anchor.

"It's not their job to be enjoyable for you to watch, Kevin."

did he even watch second half? we where not that boring as in the first half

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
did he even watch second half? we where not that boring as in the first half

They did bring that up.

He basically concluded that Sweden may have to show attacking football at some point in the tournament and Slovakia, as the weakest side in the group, was a good opportunity to practice it.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wonder what he has to say about the Irish performance during the tournament... oh.

The Swedish people are happy about the performance, and they just cashed in 3 important points. I think that’s what matters the most.

You can get results and utilize your talent. The two aren't mutually exclusive...especially when facing teams of comparable ability.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
You can get results and utilize your talent. The two aren't mutually exclusive...especially when facing teams of comparable ability.

They utilize talent. 4 points against Spain and Slovakia. Our defence has been rock solid, and they should’ve scored at least one goal against Spain.

It’s good enough.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
For the record, I've always been impressed with Sweden's record at the international level.

The fact that they are so competitive at both football and hockey is inspirational to us Canadians.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They utilize talent. 4 points against Spain and Slovakia. Our defence has been rock solid, and they should’ve scored at least one goal against Spain.

It’s good enough.

You also would've conceded 3+ against spain if Morata hadn't started, so let's not get into the should've game there :laugh:

...and you missed my point entirely. Nobody is saying you should've lost both matches by playing a 1-1-8; but you made today's match a lot harder on yourselves than it could've been by playing so negatively/basically.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
For the record, I've always been impressed with Sweden's record at the international level.

The fact that they are so competitive at both football and hockey is inspirational to us Canadians.

i would not say we are competitive, we are decent. we cant get pass qf. our golden age was euro 1992 and wc 1994, where we went to semifinals.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
i would not say we are competitive, we are decent. we cant get pass qf. our golden age was euro 1992 and wc 1994, where we went to semifinals.

Competitive enough to make the finals tournaments of major football events.

We can't even do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad