Euro: Group E: SWE vs. POL, ESP vs. SVK, 6/23/2021

Who advances?

• Total voters

member 305909

Poland the perennial underachievers. Or perhaps they are always facing unrealistical expectations. In the era of Lato and Boniek they were a world class team but that was then.

Btw, you can forget the BS about France beating Portugal by four goals. Not gonna happen.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
hamsik was best player on pitch against sweden. he is still only 33 and signed with a turkish team. he has some years left in his tank.

You don’t sign with a Turkish team when you have a couple of years left. Turkey is the final destinations for players who are not in their prime anymore.

Reactions: luiginb

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Ok, I just saw Spain (or Slovakia)'s first goal. What was the Gk trying to accomplish there exactly?

He likely thought that catching it is too risky with a Spaniard breathing down his neck, so he wanted to do the old punch out over the cross bar, except his body position wasn't exactly conducive to that.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
We now need France to hammer Portugal by 4 and Germany to beat Hungary to make it to the knock-out stage.
Germany drawing Hungary would work too. Just can't have Hungary beating Germany....unless it's also by 4+ goals - then you'd only need Portugal to lose by any scoreline (hold on while I laugh hysterically at the thought of Hungary putting 4 past Germany)

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Also that colour commentator on ESPN doing the Sweden game was beyond bad, quite a contrast to the lady who was doing colour for ITV until my stream died.

I was really impressed by the balls on her, actually calling out players playing like crap. "Forsberg is really good... when he feels like it" couldn't have summed up that guy's career any better. When he turns it up he's close to unstoppable.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Meh, stupid game and losing it in the lasting moments only further proves how stupid our club is. I hated having to play a 3-4-3 formation because I think you try to outscore opponents when you have Lewi. But this rubbish Italian coach decided to double down to prevent those defensive mistakes from happening with five at the back and they still allowed some of the dumbest blunders to happen like the Swedes third goal. Allowing three from Sweden of all countries is unacceptable and it sucks because we could've made it far if we were able to get out of this group. We're not even performing good enough in the WC qualifiers as well.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
That’s a shame with haaland

Agree. Norway will never be a really good team, but it is a bit difficult to understand how poor they are with Haaland, Ødegaard, Berge, Ajer etc. Should be more than capable of fighting against teams like Hungary, Finland etc.

Fair shot at 2026. And with this ridiculous Euro format should make it to 2024.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad