Euro: Group E: Spain vs. Sweden, 6/14/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
kenneth andersson must have been one of the best players ever with his head.

other players i think should be mention aswell is roger ljung (better winger than edman and agustinsson) and håkan mild who was bat shit crazy on the pitch. hard not like a player playing with high grit. jesper blomqvist was a good one too, but too much injuries. Anders Limpar was a magican.

i never got the hype about ravelli thought. Isaksson and ronnie Hellström is the best we had.
It's because he held two penalties. He was a decent goalie but you are right, Hellström was better.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Sure, if you're lucky enough to draft a generational talent or rich enough to develop/buy one.
And if you’re not, just bend over for those teams, playing a style that will almost always see a less talented team lose, so as not to kill the sport. If your a 2nd division club playing any of the money giant clubs in a cup match just open it up and lose 5-0, for the good of game and the fans. Whatever you do, don’t try negate that money clubs effectiveness on the field. Just bend over and know your role.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And if you’re not, just bend over for those teams, playing a style that will almost always see a less talented team lose, so as not to kill the sport. If your a 2nd division club playing any of the money giant clubs in a cup match just open it up and lose 5-0, for the good of game and the fans. Whatever you do, don’t try negate that money clubs effectiveness on the field. Just bend over and know your role.

Or you can beat their individual class with cohesion, fluidity & self-belief. This is football, teams beat better teams playing in all sorts of different ways...trying to kill the game is just the easiest way to do so; you can use player types that better teams don't want so your scouts don't have to be as good and it doesn't take as long (or as much work) for a coach to implement.

Sorry but you're not going to get a Union & Gladbach fan to buy into this myth that the only way we can punch above our finances is to play negatively when the previous decade have repeatedly proven that not to be true.

The easiest road isn't the only road.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not sure if it was e.g the heat, but I think almost every team at WC 1994 was entertaining. Don't really remember the Greek play, but other countries had entertaining games despite the difference in skill level between them,
The final was the worst in WC history though IMO.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
One of these days we'll actually deserve one of the stars on our shirts.
I never said they didn’t tbh. Germany could be deserving of their trophy and Argentina could still be considered the best team in that tournament/game

I thought you were going to say one of those days we need a kit swap which I would agree

Reactions: cgf

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I never said they didn’t tbh. Germany could be deserving of their trophy and Argentina could still be considered the best team in that tournament/game

After scoring two goals in the entire knockout phase? Defensively impressive maybe, but the best team in the tournament not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad