Euro: Group E: Spain vs. Sweden, 6/14/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
When I looked at Spain's team before putting this together, I legitimately couldn't believe it. Yes, they play three games at home. Good for them. What about after? Their team selection is some clown shit. They didn't bring all the players they could have, and they left numerous players behind that would have been useful. Anyway, what's done is done. I think they have the best team in the group, I think they'll win this game. Apparently going to be warm at night in Seville.

The other two games are more suited to Sweden I think. Not a bad team but same thing as the other games where these teams play at home.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Last time Sweden played against Spain in Euros was 2008. It was a close game but David Villa scored with 1 minute left or something.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
When I looked at Spain's team before putting this together, I legitimately couldn't believe it. Yes, they play three games at home. Good for them. What about after? Their team selection is some clown shit. They didn't bring all the players they could have, and they left numerous players behind that would have been useful. Anyway, what's done is done. I think they have the best team in the group, I think they'll win this game. Apparently going to be warm at night in Seville.

The other two games are more suited to Sweden I think. Not a bad team but same thing as the other games where these teams play at home.

I think you’re exaggerating they left some players for sure but this isn’t a bad team. They’ll do well

Reactions: les Habs

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Should be a walk in a park for Spain. They are the superior compared to Sverige.

Sweden is far from a "walk in the park".

Sweden played good against Spain before. euros 2008 game was even but spain scored in last minute. 2006 sweden won 2-0. 2019 we had a draw against them. So we are not out of hope. But realistic Spain should win over Sweden, Slovakia and Poland with 3-0. Lets not forget that Spain has home advantage.

Civetty

Jan 2, 2017
I have no idea what to feel about this game, feels like it could end up in a lot of ways but I fear Spain will destroy us. Although if they do push high, there might be opportunities for a quick Isak to counter them.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think you’re exaggerating they left some players for sure but this isn’t a bad team. They’ll do well

Yeah, whether they pull it all together is one thing, but Spain has some fantastic players. GK is meh, CB is meh in terms of depth and they've lacked a goo striker for years, but LB is amazing, starting CBs strong, midfield is strong and they have some good attacking players. I haven't followed selections and who is avaible and who isn't, but there's a lot of talent there and I'm not sure why people are so heavily criticizing the squad.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
Spain is not what they used to be, but they should take this one. I expect Sweden to put up a fight, though.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Okay game to have Kulusevski out because we will be chasing the ball a lot, gonna miss him as a supersub though. Seb Larsson will provide the needed backup to Ekdal defensively on the midfield, he would've started this game anyway. Offensively it's entirely up to Forsberg, Isak and Berg, but there's also a corner and freekick advantage with our tall squad.

One issue is that I don't think we really have the defensive pieces to play an old-fashioned defensive game, this version of Sweden is kind of an offensive team and does best offensively. We didn't fare well at all in Nations League against better competition, we're strong built to beat worse teams 3-0 nowadays, but not play 0-0 against Spain. Lindelöf and Olsen will need monster games.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That Spain team is like deliberately trying to make it harder for themselves. No Oyarzabal and no Thiago. Maybe this is just a strategy to see what the other players bring to the table.

Reactions: luiginb
Sep 19, 2008
Jurgen is an espn analyst now?

Cool. Did he ever find a coaching gig after leaving he tha Berlin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad