Euro: Group E: Spain vs. Poland, 6/19/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I'll be happy with Flick once he's in charge...though I'll still gripe about specific decisions from time to time.
Two tournaments without super positive results, and he’ll be a stoodge too.

Success is never because of the coach, failure is always his fault.

Reactions: Eisen

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Probably, but I can only speak for myself & I value process over short-term results.

That's why I started to get concerned by jogi before the s*** show against Italy in 2012 and didn't suddenly fall in love with him after 2014. He was an upgrade on Klinsmann who clear limitations given the way we've had to play since 2010; who is now 2-3 cycles past his expiration date.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

Often it's the players he needs to work with. Most upgrades are marginal. No coach leaves a star on the bench or at home. And now I have to hide, but Jogi is right, often you don't need to change the team to change the tactical direction. If only he would drop Kroos...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Often it's the players he needs to work with. Most upgrades are marginal. No coach leaves a star on the bench or at home. And now I have to hide, but Jogi is right, often you don't need to change the team to change the tactical direction. If only he would drop Kroos...

Max Kruse's NT career begs to disagree :cool:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Great result considering the circumstances. I was laughing so hard at seeing Szczęsny saving some of those shots today looking like he was doing yoga. All we have to do is beat Sweden, but that's a tough task since they've looked like the most discipline in this tourney thus far.

Lol at Espana and actually playing Morata and Moreno. These blokes seriously play like they're high on valium or something every game and are just a waste of space out there. Additionally, it blows my mind how they went through the squad selection, I get wanting to play the youth, but just an absolute scrub of a team.

That Lewandowski goal is the loudest I yelled in this tournament and I don't cheer for Poland one lick lol
It was an absolutely brilliant header, you have a right to cheer on that strike.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Man spain is just horrible. cant even beat poland and sweden. i wish sweden played more offensive against spain, we would have won that game. There is no way Spain beats Slovakia.

must be hard for luginib btw, spain is terrible at ice hockey (why is he even on a ice hockey forum?) and now his beloved spain sucks in soccer too.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
All we have to do is beat Sweden, but that's a tough task since they've looked like the most discipline in this tourney thus far.

On paper, Poland have better players than Sweden. Poland was better against Slovakia and Spain than Sweden was. I would say its 60-40 in favor to Poland.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
must be hard for luginib btw, spain is terrible at ice hockey (why is he even on a ice hockey forum?) and now his beloved spain sucks in soccer too.
Yeah life sucks living in Barcelona, man. Never visited Malmo but Stockholm was the dullest place on earth I've ever been to. I'm Eastern European btw, that's why I'm on a hockey forum.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
On paper, Poland have better players than Sweden. Poland was better against Slovakia and Spain than Sweden was. I would say its 60-40 in favor to Poland.
Sweden does have Isak and Forsberg who can match Polska as we haven't really looked that offensive thus far. Defensively we've had a red card and PK kick. I think Polska can come away with the win based on one good pass to Lewandowski, but Sweden just doesn't need to make any mistakes and they could potentially break us on the counter.

Yes, but we do suck at hockey. :D
I am a full believer that if hockey ever gets popular in France as the third or fourth sport after football and rugby they would be very good in it. It just seems to me that it's a bit disorganised throughout the country compared to Germany.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Yes, but we do suck at hockey. :D

well it depends on how you see it. france was 10-15 best in the world for a decent amount of years in hockey, so not too bad. but france seems to have declined the last years. thought france still have 3 nhlers in texier, bellemare, roussel and very good khler in da costa. then there is french-canadians, if they where a own country would for sure be one of the top nations in hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad