Result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Agreed. At least with Pepe's dive from a few days ago against Morocco, he was actually touched. Neymar goes down screaming over nothing. What a princess.

It's amazing how consistent he is in his diving and whining.

Also I am not sure if many folks saw it, but a few minutes after the penalty shot dismissal via VAR, the ref lightly tapped Neymar on the chest to get his attention as he wanted to say something to him and Neymar looked outraged, said something to the ref while motioning away the ref's hand. The commentators on Italian TV were laughing about it: "look, he told the ref not to touch him ahahahah". A total clown.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I mean... In 94 I was basically a Brazil fan. Slowly, it went away and I stopped caring about their team, only watching if they actually played decent football.

But at some point they managed to turn into the most unlikable, entitled football national team out there.
I actively want them to lose just to see their lying, cheating, entitled tears.
The 7-1 cured a lot of the wounds I had because of Fred, his dive, him thanking God that the ref bought it (!) and us losing the game to it.

Also, VAR works, mostly. But why aren't these little brats given out yellow cards after watching the replay?

Reactions: The Moose

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Neymar was awful and clearly a shame but Brazil was by far the best team and deserved the win.

Also Costa Rica players antic was also laughable.

My girlfriend is brazilian and was ashamed by Neymar. When compared to douglas costa who was constantly fouled but still kept running it made it more obvious.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
By the way... I think Costa Rica's coach and Rene Fasel, the IIHF president, might be related...

B233CDD4-597B-409C-BF79-AC882E0F32FC.jpeg

7BA80AF0-B250-49E9-9FB8-B96CE67A2A89.jpeg

Reactions: NyQuil

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I mean... In 94 I was basically a Brazil fan. Slowly, it went away and I stopped caring about their team, only watching if they actually played decent football.

But at some point they managed to turn into the most unlikable, entitled football national team out there.
I actively want them to lose just to see their lying, cheating, entitled tears.
The 7-1 cured a lot of the wounds I had because of Fred, his dive, him thanking God that the ref bought it (!) and us losing the game to it.

Also, VAR works, mostly. But why aren't these little brats given out yellow cards after watching the replay?

You know Brazil has essentially been entitled forever. It's like they think they're the only country that knows how to play the game, and they're not shy about it.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
People would rather hate Neymar than all of those leg breakers and dirty players in the game?

That's football fans for you.

People don't hate Neymar they hate dishonesty, fakery, and diving to draw penalties. Besides, there is plenty of disgust for leg breakers.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
People would rather hate Neymar than all of those leg breakers and dirty players in the game?

That's football fans for you.

If people remembered his reactions after the gold medal game in the Olympics two years ago, they'd understand that this is a very emotional individual who has huge pressure on himself and his team. I think it's only natural that he'd react this way after a long injury break and his team finally winning and he himself getting a goal. I understand that he'd react this way after that pressure is gone. Some people are just this way.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
What gets me about Neymar is the idiotic posts made by people who seem to be completely blind to his antics.

"Oh no, he's not diving, he's just getting fouled hard!"

"See he IS getting fouled hard, he might be hurt!"

"He's hurt and didn't practice, no way he plays today."

"Oh look he is in the lineup! Brave man playing hobbled. Costa Rica will just take him out."

*Neymar proceeds to Neymar with no hint of injury*

"Oh no, he's not diving, he's just being fouled hard!"

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
To his credit, he's got the timing of his flops almost down to a science. Was juuuust a bit off on that gifted penalty, so he lost out.

Better luck next time. :laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
People don't hate Neymar they hate dishonesty, fakery, and diving to draw penalties. Besides, there is plenty of disgust for leg breakers.
Well I read here "he's the guy I despise the most in the game".

What I wonder is how those numbnuts who post this at least understand that they prefer guys who make a living brekaing others' legs than a guy who make highlight plays all the time and is among "the artists" of the game, as acting as he is.

Thus, those numbnuts are clearly not football fans. Period.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008

What I wonder is how those numbnuts who post this at least understand that they prefer guys who make a living brekaing others' legs than a guy who make highlight plays all the time and is among "the artists" of the game, as acting as he is.

Do you ever get tired?

Reactions: PickleRick

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

Unfortunately, this has been going on for ages, and there seems to little interest from FIFA to protect the star players. Pele was kicked out of two WC cups, van Basten had to end his career by the time he was 28 etc. This lack of protection by the rules is even less understandable, since it's the artistic star players who attract new generations of fans and keep the older fans interested.

Who are the players from this tournament that the kids now watching their first WC will adore and remember?

Reactions: Evilo and cgf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad