Euro: Group E: Belgium vs. Italy, 6/13/2016

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Italy is like a wily old dog, you should never write them off completely. Meanwhile Belgium are basically an all-star team and playing like one too. To say they lack cohesion and structure is an understatement.

You saw glimpses of Belgium's offense, but the lack of finish by De Bruyne, Origi and Lukaku...yikes. They looked as advertised without Kompany and Lombaerts though. Blame the coaching but we all knew Belgium would have difficulty defending.

Did not at all expect that from Italy but they were barely clinging on in that 2nd half. Bonucci took over in the back, constantly cleaning up after Chiellini's mishaps and stupidity.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Was surprised by the result.

Then I was surprised that I was surprised.

It's still Italy.

Belgium was disjointed but you could see that they were capable of some swift ball movement. The finish was pretty rough. I expected better from De Bruyne and Lukaku but at the same time, that's a bit disrespectful to Italy who defended very well.

Entertaining match and both keepers made some stellar saves.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not much Wilmots can do at this tourney but actually using the FBs he brought along, Meunier & Lukaku 2.0, and replacing Fellaini with Carrasco so that KdB can play through the middle...but if they get a creative successor for Wilmots, I'd be curious to see them tried in something like:

Lukaku*
E.Hazard - de Bruyne - Carrasco
Dembele - Nainggolan
Witsel
Vertonghen - Kompany* - Alderweireld
Courtois

*Origi / Engels​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad