World Cup: Group D: Croatia vs. Nigeria, 6/16/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Haven't followed him I must admit, so I'll take your word for it. He's still relatively young.

Anyway, liking how Nigeria is controlling the ball.

Its not a knock on his talent, hes good. Just does not beat out Iwobi - Ighalo - Moses.
But he should come on and be used in the latter parts of the game to obliterate Lovren with his speed ;)

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Ally McCoist has appeared as a commentator for ITV. His gardening money must have run out.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Damn it is an own goal after all.
I've often wondered what the dividing line is for an own goal is. Some are clear OG's like in the Morroco/Iran where it got headed in, but some similar to this one get touched by defenders on the way in but aren't counted as an OG.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I've often wondered what the dividing line is for an own goal is. Some are clear OG's like in the Morroco/Iran where it got headed in, but some similar to this one get touched by defenders on the way in but aren't counted as an OG.
The rule is that if the ball was going to the goal (meaning on target), it's a goal. When it's not on target and the defenseman is directly the reason for the goal, it's an OG.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If it wasn't going in before it was deflected, it's an own goal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
WTF you say?????

Idemo Hrvatska!!!
You don't think Croatia has been fairly disappointing in the past three World Cups? Perhaps I am overrating them as a nation, but I always saw them around the same level with the Dutch. Sure, perhaps not as good as the glory years of the 70s and 80s for the Oranje, but still up there.

Reactions: booyakasha

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
You don't think Croatia has been fairly disappointing in the past three World Cups? Perhaps I am overrating them as a nation, but I always saw them around the same level with the Dutch. Sure, perhaps not as good as the glory years of the 70s and 80s for the Oranje, but still up there.
just f**in with you

Reactions: S E P H

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They need to bring in Iheanacho and Musa. Moses is not good enough and Ighalo's little China adventure has seemed to take away some of his quality.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Moses has been diving a LOT this half. Meanwhile, Lovren and Mandzukic have had some key defensive headers.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Any time I watch Moses play football he has the distinct whiff of someone who has won a competition to be there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad