World Cup: Group D: Croatia vs. Nigeria, 6/16/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
We all know they will beat England on one shot from the counter and the entire country will go up in flames and everyone will cry out for the golden days with Bobby Charlton even though most people were not even alive for them

They're also kinda like Morocco; where they don't have a striker, but their D is tough & they have some skilled attacking midfielders. Getting to play on the counter against an england team that prefers to counter themselves, should help them make up for their lack of a striker as well.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Any team that sets up with JOM behind the striker is in for a scoreless day. Loved him at Chelsea where he always put in an honest effort in the engine room but he is not a playmaker, dribbler or shooter. I just don't understand it.

Slot him alongside Ndidi and perhaps get Iwobi in a free role.

This team should be able to do more and that would include beating Iceland and playing for something against Argentina.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They're also kinda like Morocco; where they don't have a striker, but their D is tough & they have some skilled attacking midfielders. Getting to play on the counter against an england team that prefers to counter themselves, should help them make up for their lack of a striker as well.

Plus any combination of Stones/Walker/Maguire/Cahill/Jones sounds pretty fragile to me

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Slot him alongside Ndidi and perhaps get Iwobi in a free role.

I was thinking the same thing. Iwobi has drifted to the center in some cases for Arsenal and I remember being relatively impressed with his performances in the more free position

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
On a side note, probably only the Croatian posters on HF will understand this but Dalic needs to pipe down his charlatan talk, its becoming Cacic/Stimac levels with the quasi-nationalism

It's not gonna happen, I think it's in the job description. God and war veterans is apparently why we play sports.

Reactions: mfilipo3 and Ivan13

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nigeria literally **** the bed after that goal.
My friend is from Nigeria and he said that they played scared throughout the game. I gotta agree with him, but again African teams tend to be caught in the headlines when it comes to the big stage.

Nigeria isn't beating Iceland, I really want to see them go far, but my faith is close to zero for them. They're a bigger disappointment than Russia is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->