Euro: Group D: Croatia vs. Czech Republic, 6/18/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
True, but right now they are happy with a point, i don't think Croatia can be happy with a draw today.
I don't know if we can keep it up... but we seem to be keeping the ball far from our net and that is great because, as I said earlier, I'm not sure we can get 2 goals on Croatia.

I'd be very happy with a tie personally.

Reactions: Incubajerks

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Croatia didn't? And which chances were there for the Czech?
No team has had any real chances and I don't think either is overly clinical. Croatia had a solid start but since the goal, the Czechs have looked better. If they had a little more quality upfront and didn't just cross and hope, they would definitely win this game. From my perspective, the Czechs are also winning the MF battle atm.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
No team has had any real chances and I don't think either is overly clinical. Croatia had a solid start but since the goal, the Czechs have looked better. If they had a little more quality upfront and didn't just cross and hope, they would definitely win this game. From my perspective, the Czechs are also winning the MF battle atm.
Vlasic's chance wasn't a real chance? And if my grandma had wheels she'd be a bike.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs are guaranteed passage with a draw here and Croatia thinks they can leave it to the end against Scotland. There's really no reason to push here.
wait, if we tie we move on to quarters? Is that a fact or a speculation?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
wait, if we tie we move on to quarters? Is that a fact or a speculation?

It's impossible for a team with 4 points to be eliminated even if they finish third. So they won't technically clinch but they're going to be through to the next round if they hold on here.

Reactions: Czechboy

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also, I did assume that Scotland won't beat England. As much as I'd like them to, they won't. Hopefully they get a point.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
One thing the Czechs have dominated at is passes to our own goalie.lol

Must be around 20 now.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Joke of a pen, joke that the guy bleeding all over the place was allowed to take it, joke of a team selection for the 1st half. Shambles.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
these refs are seriously, right up there with NHL refs. AWFUL

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Definitely not a clinic.lol

Second half kind of sucked.

I honestly thought Croatia would push harder to beat us in regulation... they scored a beauty goal early and I assumed they'd just keep steamrolling to be honest. Looked like they had the quality on the attack to break through us.

Having said all that... Czechs now have 4 points and a plus 2 in goal differential which is a fantastic start for my side! If you told me a week ago that is what we'd have I'd be thrilled.

Nice job Croatia.. good luck against Scotland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad