Euro: Group C: NED vs. MKD, UKR vs. AUT, 6/21/2021

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Exactly. You can only look as good as your opponent lets you. Germany looked awful against France because France are a really good team.

Ukraine are pretty decent themselves judging by their roster, them winning their qualifying group as well as their performance against NED.

Both AUT and UKR would have likely advanced with a draw today, yet Austria took matters in their own hands, scored early and dominated from start to finish.

If it wasn't for Arnautovic failing to hit anything all game, this would have been a 3:0 or 4:0 game and no one would have complained.

I guess we just look for different things :dunno:

Our build-up play successfully pushed back their press & our attacking pressure was so fluid that the only reason we didn't score was how exceptional those french defenders were. Varane in particular, cut out almost a half dozen balls in the first half-hour of the match that would've seen a german or two breaking in behind the french back line with time & space on the ball. But Pavard saved a goal too when he stopped Gosens from going on a 3 game goal streak, and the whole was excellent in their deep block...

Sure, we didn't score & our anticipated defensive frailty was highlighted...but as a germany fan, I felt a lot better about this team after I re-watched that match for a 2nd time than I did heading into it, and was perfectly happy with the performance on the whole.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Another small team hard done by reffing really.
They get a 2 centimeters offside goal reviewed and called off, hit the post and then Pandev was simply awfully fouled by a dutch player, counter attack and opening goal.

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
Ukraine has to hope for one of the two things:

1.A tie between Croatia and Scotland.
2.Sweden doesn't lose to Poland, Slovakia and Spain don't tie.

Theoretically, some help might come from Group F, but that's not very likely.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Another small team hard done by reffing really.
They get a 2 centimeters offside goal reviewed and called off, hit the post and then Pandev was simply awfully fouled by a dutch player, counter attack and opening goal.

Lukaku's goal was brought back and was even less off-side, so that's just consistency.
Pandev wasn't fouled, it was reviewed and was not considered a foul - as it wasn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00