GDT: Group C • May 2 • United States 4, Norway 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116805

You might have a better argument if you weren't outshot 49-15.

Yeah, id have an even better argument then i agree.
Fact is we got two bad penalties and your guys scored on both of them.

Thats alright though, its not the first time the bigger team get help from the refs and we should be used to it by now, haha

Mhs

May 1, 2011
It was a deserved win for USA, but they dident need to get the three extra soft penaltys.

diving belongs in swimming not hockey

Dagh

Dec 10, 2007
I'm Norwegian and I can't say we lost this because of the refs. They called the game as well as I expect a game of hockey to be called. The trip at the end there looked like he could have been called for a trip himself, if the Norwegian player wanted to sell it, but *shrug*, these things happen. Norway had looked like the lesser team for at least a period by then. They seemed to lack the energy they had in the Sweden game, or the US just outplayed them. **** happens. Hopefully they'll pull a win in their next game.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
You might want to take a look at puck possesion and time in the offensive zone too. You watched the same game as we did, didn't you?

The point being that stats doesn't always reflect a game. He used shots as an argument, so that's what I responded to.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Nice win! Skille with the gtg, awesome!

Still, Norway played very well through two, especially in the first. Was impressed with them.

Mhs

May 1, 2011
You might want to take a look at puck possesion and time in the offensive zone too. You watched the same game as we did, didn't you?

yea that argument there, is void

norway clearly tried to play defense in 2-3 period, wich is something any sensible team would do in that position, but with the ammount of soft peanltys, norway dident have the players to complete it.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
nj-devils.jpg

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Chopping away at the goalie's hands after the whistle is usually a penalty, you dont agree?

It simply wasn't a chop, or a slash. It was a prod, or at most a poke. And it was at the whistle.

That kind of stuff happens 10, 20 times a game in the NHL playoffs without a single call.

I know the rules are different, but i'm not a huge fan of the call.

member 116805

clearly norway only lost because we dove....:laugh:

Haha, not saying that. The US is a better team, have better players, and most Norwegian expected to lose the game just like we expected to lose against Sweden.
But if you cannot admit some of those penalties were bad calls you need to clean your USA-glasses

Mhs

May 1, 2011
clearly norway only lost because we dove....:laugh:

No, we only lost, because there are more rinks in Canada, than there is players in Norway.

Also the population thing: 50-1?

Don't you think you should have won without diving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad