GDT: Group C • Feb. 12 • Czech Republic vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
This could be a trap game for Sweden. They have the stronger overall roster, but the gap isn't massive.
my_trap_card.jpg

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So, is Pavelec starting in net for the Czechs? Expect at least 3 goals to go in then.

The news are all over the place: Kovar will start, Salak will back him up. Kovar is good. Not great but good. I expect him to be the starter when preliminary round is over.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I like the move not to play Pavelec as well, lets see what goaltenders have the better angles on the bigger ice surface. Even Lundqvist will have a period of adjustment.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
and I don't think Jagr will be quite as effective on big ice.

what makes you think that? jagr's spent a lot of time on the big ice and has been quite effective, perhaps more so with more room to move..
either way the swedes have the obvious edge in this game, it'll be theirs to lose. the czechs are often slow to start tournaments (when they get going at all, in recent years) and without gudas out it pains me to look at that blue line. kaberle is a sieve and i can't say i have much confidence in the coach's son-in-law...
interested to see how the hanzal situation plays out, the swedes don't strike me as a team that could really beat up on someone.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
what makes you think that? jagr's spent a lot of time on the big ice and has been quite effective, perhaps more so with more room to move..
either way the swedes have the obvious edge in this game, it'll be theirs to lose. the czechs are often slow to start tournaments (when they get going at all, in recent years) and without gudas out it pains me to look at that blue line. kaberle is a sieve and i can't say i have much confidence in the coach's son-in-law...
interested to see how the hanzal situation plays out, the swedes don't strike me as a team that could really beat up on someone.

According to Czech media, Hanzal, Hemský and Šmíd will not be playing.

damicius

Dec 10, 2008
Prague
So Barinka and Krajíček are playing? :laugh: Yeah, we can't lose this. Feel the wrath of this great defensive duo.

their skills will make laugh the swedish players so much, that they'll pee their pants and than they'll couldnt really skate. Great tactics by Alois.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad