World Cup: Group B: Portugal vs. Spain, 6/15/2018

Result?

• Total voters

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Just watched this game now... Holy smokes, glad I held off going on the internet. What a roller coaster

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Yes, you are the GOAT.

974945_1.jpg

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
The two Portuguese centre-mids were awful, especially W Carvahlo. WTF was that? He barely broke out of a jog. They barely won a ball and all the attacks they did had to be through the wing. And that Guedes kid didn't do anything, should've just started Silva.

Spain were really good, vulnerable looking but very confident imo, and they won't have to face Ronaldo again.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The first half was fun, but did little to convince me germany needs to worry too much about Spain. Will catch the second half later.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well he was clearly the best goalie in the word during Neuers absence and had one of the best seasons I’ve seen a goalie have a while :dunno:

*Best goalie in england :sarcasm:
I'm not arguing with you just the EPL narrative on here the past few months. While Nuer was on vacation.

I got a huge kick out of how excited they were to hype "#1 goalkeeper in the world, DDG" lol. Even while Manu was resting, Germany had a better keeper than DDG :cool:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Germany needs to worry about Brazil. They're probably too fast and athletic to worry about Spain but not Brazil.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Germany needs to worry about Brazil. They're probably too fast and athletic to worry about Spain but not Brazil.

If Tite plays 3 DMs against us, then not so much...but if he stumbles onto starting Fred & Coutinho with one of their destroyers, then we're in for one hell of a challenge.
Goat doing goat things wow

??? Müller doesn't play until sunday :naughty:

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Spain and Portugal each scored 3 goals, Morocco scored one and Iran who didn't score anything somehow managed to be at top of the table. This sport sometimes..

Reactions: ecemleafs and cgf

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Cristiano was great from singing the anthem and forwards. That was a rare show of talent. Best in the world for at least one day.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I wonder why Portugal brought 4 natural RWs in Guedes, B.Silva, Quaresma and Martins.

Guedes was a no show today, and I don't think Bruno Fernandes should be starting yet. I'd go with Andre Silva up top with Ronaldo at LW, B.Silva at AM and either Guedes or Martins at RW.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's a big result for Portugal, but if you consider how truly awful Espana have been the past two world cups, even Iceland can beat them...

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I also highly doubt that other professional footballers, his peers would admire his performance and impact where one of the best teams in the world bossed his side for 75+ minutes.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I also highly doubt that other professional footballers, his peers would admire his performance and impact where one of the best teams in the world bossed his side for 75+ minutes.

It's very likely they were reacting to multiple events in the match or quite probably his free kick to bring Portugal level. To say it was about his hat trick is ridiculously speculative, but then look at the account.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It's very likely they were reacting to multiple events in the match or quite probably his free kick to bring Portugal level. To say it was about his hat trick is ridiculously speculative, but then look at the account.

I don’t disagree with you. But you are suggesting that it they would absolutely never admire Ronaldo’s impact in the game, or that if they did, it would be silly of them to do so. They are professionals. It’s just as likely that they could be reacting like the observers that don’t have a strong bias one way or the other (and I’m not criticizing anyone hating or loving Ronaldo, just that a bias would impact someone’s reaction to his game), admiring his impact.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don’t disagree with you. But you are suggesting that it they would absolutely never admire Ronaldo’s impact in the game, or that if they did, it would be silly of them to do so. They are professionals. It’s just as likely that they could be reacting like the observers that don’t have a strong bias one way or the other (and I’m not criticizing anyone hating or loving Ronaldo, just that a bias would impact someone’s reaction to his game), admiring his impact.

How you came to that conclusion from what I actually posted is of some interest. Here is what I'm saying:

• That whatever social media account he posted, named @CRonaldoNews it should be noted, doesn't have the slightest idea whether they were amazed by Ronaldo's hat trick or not.
  • That while they surely would have been amazed at multiple moments in the match, it was a seesaw match that saw lead changes some excellent goals, they likely weren't just amazed at Ronaldo's hat trick and it's highly speculative and quite frankly ludicrous to suggest as the linked twitter account does.
  • That they could have been amazed by Ronaldo's last goal or even his second goal considering de Gea's mistake.
  • That they were all just "amazed" when you look at multiple faces and see otherwise is speculative.

That's what I'm saying which was for the most part very obvious already. If an HF poster who goes around praising Trump every time he says or does something stupid or of less significance than some say it is, and then posts a social media post (from a source with a name akin to @DJTrumpNews) with a picture and a statement that is highly speculative you should have a quick look at it and decipher it for what it really is.

Reactions: koyvoo

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Biggest problem for Portugal was W. Carvalho. He was slowing the pace down and limited Portugal's momentum. He should be replaced asap. I'd play Bernardo more central and pivot Martins or Quaresma to the right for crosses/pace down the wing. Portugal looked good and so did Spain, both teams will go far.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00