World Cup: Group B: Portugal vs. Spain, 6/15/2018

Result?

• Total voters

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Game lived up to the billing. Spain was excellent. The younger Portuguese forwards def proved to be too green. At least for Spain. Guedes was very wasteful and Fernandes was ineffective. Portugal’s entire backline was not very good defensively. Ramos must’ve elbowed De Gea before he bobbled 2nd goal.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well he was clearly the best goalie in the word during Neuers absence and had one of the best seasons I’ve seen a goalie have a while :dunno:
When the cats away mice come out to
Play.

An injured Nuer is still a better goalie... he doesn't cease to exist being out for one season.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
When the cats away mice come out to
Play.

An injured Nuer is still a better goalie... he doesn't cease to exist being out for one season.

Of all the goalies that played he was the best this season. Of course he isn’t better than Neuer but, DDG was the most impressive goalie of this season and that’s all there is to it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Of all the goalies that played he was the best this season. Of course he isn’t better than Neuer but, DDG was the most impressive goalie of this season and that’s all there is to it.
Well that was the argument EPL were making. DDG was the best goalie and better than Nuer. Also a better shot stopper than Nuer.all false.

Is DDG a great goalie? Yes. Is he the best AFTER Nuer? Debatable.im a fan so, I wouldn't object.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well that was the argument EPL were making. DDG was the best goalie and better than Nuer. Also a better shot stopper than Nuer.all false.

Is DDG a great goalie? Yes. Is he the best AFTER Nuer? Debatable.im a fan so, I wouldn't object.

I’m biased, but there’s not a goalie I’d take after Neuer that isn’t DDG. And that’s not a slight on Oblak/Courtois/Alisson/Ederson/LLoris/MaTS. I just think DDG is better than all of them.

Reactions: S E P H

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I’m biased, but there’s not a goalie I’d take after Neuer that isn’t DDG. And that’s not a slight on Oblak/Courtois/Alisson/Ederson/LLoris/MaTS. .

I don't think Lloris is in that category, not anymore. He's been prone to absolute blunders for a while now.

My vote for #2 (after Neuer) would go to MaTS, but I can't really fault anyone for going with De Gea.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I think there was some good and bad for Espana.

Good: They got Diego Costa going, as one of my big concerns for them was figuring out who would do the scoring. Very composed in possession, at times I think they were as fluid as I have seen them in quite a while.

Bad: I think they could use a more traditional wide player out there as they tend to all play in the middle. Two of the three goals were pretty poor. No clue what Pique was doing on the last goal, or De Gea on the second one. De Gea was not good in general, that needs to be fixed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad