World Cup: Group B: Morocco vs. Iran, 6/15/2018

Result?

• Total voters

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well this stadium has a nearly 70k capacity, much bigger than the one in Ekaterinburg. It's basically a bad idea to assign games between teams that won't bring a lot of fans and don't have a big name to attract neutrals to the bigger stadiums. Games like this i.e. between an Asian and an African side which are the clear 3 and 4 in their group usually feature a lot of empty seats.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. Morocco have been stringing combinations like this every time I've watched them. They have talent.

Reactions: Eisen

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I just looked at the birth country of all players from Morroco in their starting 11 it's basically a team of Netherland, France and Spain.

Only one player was actually born in Morocco.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I just looked at the birth country of all players from Morroco in their starting 11 it's basically a team of Netherland, France and Spain.

Yeah, their coach has to give his team talks in French & English, with an arabic translator for the 2 players that don't speak french or english :laugh:

Reactions: Amerika

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. Morocco have been stringing combinations like this every time I've watched them. They have talent.

I agree that they don't look bad, but let's not kid ourselves here; it would be an upset if they qualified ahead of Spain or Portugal.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Is that the benchmark though?

Yeah, their coach has to give his team talks in French & English, with an arabic translator for the 2 players that don't speak french or english :laugh:

Wait this isn't serious is it? LOL if true.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I feel like the Morocco team is full of players with a lot of natural talent that never quite took the next step. Like Bossoufa and Amrabat. Defintely naturally talented but lacking in football sense.

Reactions: cgf and Amerika

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Good blocks. These guys may have some hockey-talent, except they don't know it ;-)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I feel like the Morocco team is full of players with a lot of natural talent that never quite took the next step. Like Bossoufa and Amrabat. Defintely naturally talented but lacking in football sense.

A lot of them yeah, but that's where Harit, Ziyech & that defense are so key for them. None of Boussoufa, Belhanda, Amrabat, Dirar, Fajr, Carcela-Gonzalez, etc. are relied upon too heavily on their own; so each of them can just step up and take the lead in a game when they are feeling it.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
A lot of them yeah, but that's where their kids & that defense come into play. None of Boussoufa, Belhanda, Amrabat, Dirar, Fajr, Carcela-Gonzalez, etc. are relied upon too heavily on their own. So each of them can just step up and take the lead in a game where they are feeling it.

Exactly. But all of those players are capable of a moments of magic; Morocco has been fun to watch. They’re a decent little team.

Reactions: cgf

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
A lot of women from Iran in the stadium. They said they attend because they can't go to games in Iran.One Iranian said, if they let the women go to games they need to expand their stadiums by 100%. LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00