GDT: Group B - May 8 - Finland vs Norway

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Would be kind stupid not to have one for pre-season.

Isn't KHL often quite difficult with that when it comes to contracts between them and NHL. Wouldn't surprise me if there's no clause as it was unlikely Savinainen would go to NHL next season anyways.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Isn't KHL often quite difficult with that when it comes to contracts between them and NHL. Wouldn't surprise me if there's no clause as it was unlikely Savinainen would go to NHL next season anyways.

He can do the jorilehteras, lol. Didn't that dude buy his contract out?

Reactions: Mestaruus

ijuka

May 14, 2016
At least Savinainen is able to hit the net, I'll give him that...

Snakebitten Granny. A symptom or just "undeserverd" bad luck?
Missing isn't due to a lack of luck, it's due to a lack of skill.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Probably depends when the contract is set to go in effect. With KHL clauses in Liiga, if a player uses it before a certain date, they can leave for free.

Reactions: Mestaruus

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Well put. But what about the Kapanen case, willing to revisit and revise your opinion on this one? :D
Kapanen isnt as bad as advertized there. I know whole lines problem, its easy game syndrome for them all and its clear. Theyre being bit fancy, thinking bit slow, skating with only 95% effort. This results in what we see from them.

They need to have their heart and head 100% hetkessä. I think that will happen automatically against big teams.

Any one who thinks they struggled against these first 3 teams for talent reasons are out of their right mind.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Which one of Rantanen, Granlund & Kapanen has shone on 5v5? Maybe we should put them all on 4th line....oh wait..

Granlund is playing on a different spot than what he is used too. It shows. kapanens decisionmaking is what bothers me. He seems dumb and doesnt have any chemistry with Rants and Granny. Of thoose three it is Kapanen who should be easiest replaced because of skillset and IQ.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Kapanen isnt as bad as advertized there. I know whole lines problem, its easy game syndrome for them all and its clear. Theyre being bit fancy, thinking bit slow, skating with only 95% effort. This results in what we see from them.

They need to have their heart and head 100% hetkessä. I think that will happen automatically against big teams.

Kapanen skates at 110% but without a brain. That is what bothers me. You can slow the game down if your line is skilled. You dont have to always run-n-gun, it is allowed to use your brain and cycle. Kapanen obviously isnt able to do that and if Rants and Granny wants to play this way and Kapanen isnt able too - he should go down to 3rd/4th.

Reactions: Ippenator

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Kapanen skates at 110% but without a brain. That is what bothers me. You can slow the game down if your line is skilled. You dont have to always run-n-gun, it is allowed to use your brain and cycle. Kapanen obviously isnt able to do that and if Rants and Granny wants to play this way and Kapanen isnt able too - he should go down to 3rd/4th.

Disagreed, he has been cycling well and you claim he doesnt, he doesnt always just skate full speed.. Stop making excuses for rants and granny, theyre just off

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011

Any one who thinks they struggled against these first 3 teams for talent reasons are out of their right mind.

We can only hope here in the soft embracing depths our cosy living room couches, being these couch coaches with some too poignant besser-wisser accent once in awhile. I confess; me too. I also think Kasperi's style fits better to the NA game than to these bigger ice sheet slow down plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad